Thursday, October 8, 2009

Just a Dusting

Well, it looks like fall has moved on and we are now prepping for winter here in Wyoming. The weather has cooled dramatically in the past couple of weeks and now we have moved onto phase II, snow. Sure, there is barely any snow, but it's a hint of what's to come. Last night the snow was just lightly swirling around in the night sky, looking like sugar falling from some heavenly confection.

Photobucket

Now, this morning there is just a light dusting of snow on the ground. It's beautiful. I kind of want to make the tiniest snowman ever.

Photobucket

This summer when I was pregnant (oh it seems so long ago, but it was really only 9 days ago) I had a very real desire to go sledding. I think maybe it stemmed from being so rounded; I thought maybe it would be more fun to sled. Anyway, now that pregnancy is over and I am no longer the rounded lady I still want to go sledding. I am certain that this skiff of snow will not support a sled, but I can sense that sledding days are soon to come. When was the last time you went sledding?

9 comments:

Linda said...

Oh, I can't really say. Not since my early teens maybe? Og, i really can't wait for winter to come. My mother in law has horses, so I'll have to try and convince her to get a sled! Have you tried a kicksled by the way, that'a lot of fun too! (Do you even have those in the U.S? Maybe it's a Scandinavian thing.)

Maria Rose said...

Oh I don't know what a kick sled is, do tell!

..... Carmen said...

Sledding is out for me until this next one arrives, but, I am SO excited to buy a tobaggan and have Nate take Grace this winter. We have already built our first snowman last weekend, and as I type, there is another snowstorm outside. Winter has arrived in our neck of the woods (for today anyways!) :)

Christina Lowry said...

I've never been sledding! We don't get snow here in Queensland, Australia and the couple of times that I have been to the snow in other places, like ACT and Scotland I have only attempted to ski, very badly! Skiing is a real test of coordination, isn't it? :)

I hope you get to go sledding soon, sounds like fun.

Emily said...

I confess that I've never gone sledding. It looks like so much fun too! We just don't get enough snow here in Oklahoma. And I've never been skiing either! I need to add these things to my life's "to do" list.

On my way Home... said...

Last winter. We have the best hill ever out at a state park... it pretty much is our own private hill. It's super long and extremely steep this past year... even made a tunnel to go through... so much fun! Here are some pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/derosins/2009JHYGSledding?feat=directlink

sophie said...

Those pictures are just so beautiful, I love them, I really love that colour green, must be my favourite, reminds me of gum leaves.

the dwellers said...

Wow, winter already? We are still enjoying fall over here. I love snow, but hope ours waits a little while longer :)

AKM said...

The last time I really remember sledding was my freshman year of college. I was in a sorority and I was sledding one night with some sisters and some frat guys. I fell in love with one of them and we were together for 2 1/2 years. Nice guy, and a nice memory!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...