Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nurse Bumblebee

A lot of people have been very concerned with just how Bumblebee would adjust to sharing the spotlight with Cordelia. Well, let me assure you that she has decided that Cordelia is not somebody who is stealing her thunder, rather she seems to feel very lovey and protective toward Cordelia. We have taken to calling her Nurse Bumblebee.

Photobucket

She is very attentive. Every little cry or baby sigh emitted by Cordelia is acknowledged by Bumblebee. She will come over wagging and alert us if we don't react in the way she deems appropriate. She desperately wants to sniff Cordelia with her big wet nose. So far we have allowed monitored sniffing.

Each night Bumblebee is by my side through feedings and diaper changes, seeming to ask, "How can I help?" I have never seen a more attentive pooch. So rest easy, Bumblebee is doing very well with all of the change. Plus, she is super happy that we've had so many family visitors lately.

Speaking of diaper changes...it's time...and I suspect a blowout.

14 comments:

Emily said...

Sweet Bumblebee. I'm glad she had adjusted to well. And you look so lovely and happy there snuggled up with your beautiful girl and your attentive "nurse". =)

Anonymous said...

You, your daughter and your dog are beautiful! Congratulations!

Stacy said...

I'm not surprised. Everything you have said about Bumblebee would have made me think she'd be attentive and protective of her little sister.

affectioknit said...

Sweet! We had a big black lab when Scout was a baby and he was so protective - he would even chatter his teeth to let us know that baby needed a diaper change...

the dwellers said...

Remember the 3 children in Peter Pan... they slept in the nursery and their dog Nana was their 'nurse'.
Maybe this is Bumblebee's ambition :)

pixiepine said...

You look so very happy!

elizabeth said...

oh, cozy days!
i was just getting caught up on reading your last few posts - it sounds as though you are having a lovely time. :)
i remember the first few months with Maddie, i did lots of holding and gazing and resting and snuggling - and it was wonderful!

keep enjoying that precious little lady. and keep sharing pictures. :)

"nurse bumblebee" makes me think of the disney cartoon peter pan . . . :)

Annie said...

Bumblebee looks huge there! Cordelia is a beautiful name.

AKM said...

I grew up with two miniature poodles. They would let me pet them, lay all over them, and even take dog biscuits out of their mouths and eat them myself. ;-)

Love that picture! I hope the second week of motherhood is going as smoothly and peacefully as it looks! :-)

dutchgirl said...

I'm so glad that Bumblebee is adjusting so well. Watching how attached my daughter is to our dogs (and how they are attached her) has been one of the sweetest things.

And you look so, so happy! :)

Court said...

Yeah! Congrats, she's so beautiful... sorry I'm so behind on my blogs...

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

Glad to hear things are going well, and that Bumble is happy. We love you guys and love, love, love all the baby pics. :)

Kim said...

Reminds me of Nana in Peter Pan. You know the dog that is the nurse to the children? I am so glad that she is adjusting so well to your sweet Cordelia!

Leah said...

What an adorable picture. :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...