Monday, October 5, 2009

Quiet Late at Night

Last night I was awake late. I guess that's bound to happen when you are feeding a little girl every couple of hours. I was listening to the rain falling outside. I was wrapped up with a warm blanket, holding Cordelia, it was kind of perfect. I was sure that the rain would soon turn into snow and I wanted to hear the moment that the rain turned soft and quietly fell as snow to the ground. The snow never came.

Photobucket

I awoke to a cool overcast morning, my favorite type of day. I like it all the more since we're in that phase where we've holed up in our house and are just busy learning how to be parents and busying ourselves with a new routine. I feel like a bear in hibernation and I am really enjoying it. I was afraid that I'd go a bit stir crazy, but I am instead finding this time to be so rewarding and absolutely priceless.

Now, I am going to have a cup of coffee prepared by my hubby.

6 comments:

affectioknit said...

Oooh - we're waiting for snow too - it won't be too much longer...

Hello Lindello said...

I'm so happy to read things are going so well. It must be so surreal. How wonderful :)

Christina Lowry said...

I hope you are getting lots of rest, even with the feeds every few hours. I couldn't! Everyone told me to "sleep when the baby sleeps", but I would be writing in my journal or putting a load of clothes on when my husband wasn't looking! Oh well. :) Good luck with the feeding too, it can get tricky for awhile but I hope yours is smooth sailing. :)

Stacy said...

I love a quiet night with the sounds of light rain... it's just about perfect. Only made more lovely by the need for a blanket!

eLiZaBeTh said...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I am so happy. What a lovely little child you have. enjoy your new adventure, it is a wonderful journey to be on. Know that I will be thinking of you! Love, Elizabeth:o)

sophie said...

I've gotta say, those beautiful quiet nights snuggled in bed feeding one of my babies was sheer joy. I loved the intimacy, the love spilling from one another overwhelming and totally intoxicating

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...