Monday, February 1, 2010

A Few Things That I am Into/Doing

flower

Here is what is on my plate right now:

I am currently reading She Came to Stay by Simone de Beauvoir. I learned about Simone de Beauvoir in a French female writers class that I took during my undergrad in Montana. Eric and I took the class one summer and it was a strange and intense experience. We had the class for two weeks of 12 hour days. We were overflowing with French femininity when it was all said and done.

I am about 2/3 of the way through the book and I don't like any of the characters, yet I can't put the book down. Overall it's about a volatile relationship as a metaphor for the tense time right before World War II came to France. I don't know how it ends, so if you read the book based on this and it ends terribly I cannot be held responsible.

I am also crocheting a blanket for a friend.

My quilt is just being finished off. My mom actually was kind enough to help me out with the bias tape. My sewing machine pooped out and hand sewing with an active little girl has proven very difficult. So now the project will have two makers. It should be complete by the end of the week! I am so excited!!!

We have just started the process of hunting for a new place to live. We will be moving within the next few months and it's time. We're getting a little crowded in our current digs. I am excited. I just wish we could afford to buy a home...maybe someday.

Eric and I are getting jazzed for the last season of Lost. Were you pulled into that series?

We've been listening to a few new musicians including: El Perro del Mar (Love is Not Pop...I particularly love the song Change of Heart), Wild Beasts (Two Dancers), Mika (The Boy Who Knew Too Much). What are you listening to?

We're still working on our massive project of children's videos for our friend Andy Mason.

What about you?

8 comments:

Jessica Harrington said...

lost has been a part of my life for the last 7 years. i've watched every episode on tv... i love it, but at the same time, am weary...and glad to be seeing the ending, and closing the book...

:/

do you agree?

Maria Rose said...

Yes, Jessica, but I am glad that they are ending it and not dragging it on and on, ruining all of their hard work.

Jill said...

I have been getting ready for the baby. Nesting! :)
We are in a one room apartment now, and think we may stay here until we feel cramped. Are you guys in a one room too?
People think we are crazy (little do they know we are :) because we are having a baby and we should be in a two bedroom. I think make do until you feel it is time to move on.
Also, I want the baby in our room for the first little while!

Hello Lindello said...

I cant wait to see the finished quilt.

Maria Rose said...

Yes Jill. We are in a one bedroom because that suited us at first. Now it's time to move on.

..... Carmen said...

Wow you sound like you have alot on the go - but all wonderful creative things!

the dwellers said...

Sounds like lots of good things. Tis the season to be moving... its in our near future too :)

sophie said...

Moving is so exciting but hard at the same time, I hope you fins somewhere perfect for your family. I am so looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!! As for music, Andrew seems to get to the music before me and is killing me right now with too much The Cure, and Lloyd Cole! So depressing!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...