Wednesday, February 3, 2010

That Guy

The other day a package arrived in the mail for Eric while he was at work. I assumed it had something to do with his volunteer work and just sent him a text message letting him know that it was at our house. He asked me where the package had come from. I checked the return address and told him that it had come from California.

A moment later he sent me a text (yes, we text now, we're so modern) directing me to look under a box on his bedside table and then to open the package. I did as I was instructed. Under the box on his table I found the sweetest letter thanking me for being a mom. It was a really wonderful letter, the kind that makes me misty eyed.

necklace
Necklace from Creative Manifestations on Etsy

Then I opened the package and found that Eric had been a bit sneaky. I had recently found this necklace and mentioned to him that I thought it was really cool. The necklace was sold out and I didn't give it another thought. Eric went on a little mission and was able to find one more from the same seller and he slyly bought it for me. What a guy! I love my husband so much.

If you are in love with the necklace I think she has a new one in stock.

12 comments:

Dani said...

This is so sweet... :) I love little surprises like this. *sigh*

Jenny said...

Oh, that is so sweet! What a guy! I love the necklace. Really cool. Being a mom has its perks ;-)

Court said...

Oooh how sweet! He gets bonus points for this one I say!

Lopez said...

Wow- that is entirely and utterly sweet.

On my way Home... said...

That is awesome... how neat. Your love for each other just radiates off the computer screen. :) You are a blessed couple.

affectioknit said...

Awww! Sweet!

Stacy said...

Aww, how awesome! You're a lucky girl.

AKM said...

What a darling surprise! Eric's a keeper. ;-)

..... Carmen said...

That is incredibly sweet :)

the dwellers said...

So thoughtful! What a blessing that he values you and let you know.
And the necklace is super cute :)

Gypsy said...

What a joy, as a Mom, to have a young man so appreciate our beautiful daughter.

Emily said...

What a great necklace! And what a nice thing for Eric to do!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...