Thursday, February 4, 2010

Finally Two Blankets

So, I have finally got some pictures for you! The quilt and a recent crocheted blanket, both for the children of friends.


Quilt2

Quilt1

The quilt is really a sampler of many different techniques and comes across as a crazy quilt. The back side is a bit more subdued with applique polka dots. As you many already know I had some serious sewing machine problems. My mother ended up completing the bias tape and she did a fantastic job, much better than I could have done. It was finished up just in time as my friend Mary had her little guy yesterday!!!

crochet

The other blanket is just a simple crochet in pink. I have a friend with a little lady who likes pink, so this is headed her way soon. Jennifer J. your package will soon be in the mail!

11 comments:

Chrissy said...

Its beautiful!!. I know how much work goes into making one... My neighbor use to make quilts until she started teaching.... I am so jealous.

Annie said...

Beautiful!

Cat said...

Nice job!
i love little people blankets...comfy cozy

bel said...

I love the "crazy quilt!" If I tried to quilt, it would come out crazy, too, because there wouldn't be any technique involved!

Linda said...

What a lovely quilt, the recipient is very lucky!

Hello Lindello said...

It looks great! I love the bird pattern and those circles on the front. Great idea.

affectioknit said...

They are both just lovely! I love the polka dots!

Stacy said...

AWESOME!!! Aren't you talented! Love them both!

sophie said...

Goodness that quilt is so beautiful, I love it! Your friends are going to be so overjoyed when they receive their goodies!

the dwellers said...

Both blankets are beautiful!

I think owning a sewing machine always involves some amount of drama. They are so helpful... but so fragile. What a blessing to have a back-up machine and seamstress to help!

Victoria said...

Oh! So! Cute!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...