Thursday, April 1, 2010

Wacky Cake

I made a wacky cake the other day, moist and delicious. Here is the recipe I used...

Wacky Cake

  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 2 tsp. vanilla
  • 1 tsp.vinegar
  • 5 Tbs. vegetable oil
  • 1 c. cold water

In a large mixing bowl mix dry ingredients. Make 3 wells in the flour mixture; in one put the vanilla, in another the vinegar, and in the 3rd the oil.. Pour the water over the mixture and mix it all thoroughly. Pour into an 8 x 8 inch pan. Bake at 350 degrees F or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. When it has cooled dust with powdered sugar and serve with sliced strawberries.

5 comments:

Helena said...

Looks pretty and I bet tastes good too.

AKM said...

I think I've only had the chocolate kind of Wacky Cake. I'm sure I would like this vanilla version better. I'll have to try it soon! Thanks for the idea.

affectioknit said...

That looks yummy - we make a chocolate version too...

the dwellers said...

That looks fun. I bet it would be good with coconut oil substituted too.

sophie said...

I have never heard of wacky cake! Those ingredients seem like they shouldn't go together but looks so yum!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...