Thursday, June 10, 2010

Grab Bag

First off my daughter said her first word! Yep she can say"MAMA!!!!!!!!!!!" Can you believe it! She has been saying it, but without meaning for so long, but now she definitely is calling to/for me. Yippeee! Soon we'll be having conversations and such. I bet she's deep...

This morning at breakfast Eric and I were talking about alligators and crocodiles. Anyway the discussion was largely about whether or not you can call their feet paws. What do you think are paws reserved for mammals?

Well, no dice. Eric just wants to keep the mustache photos in the family vault...although it appears most of you have already seen this phenomenon within your own home. And in honor of our weird husbands I present you with a song by one of my favorite bands, Sparks...



P.S. I really LOVE this band.

Eric's "Collection"

Finally, the other night, after Cordelia was sleeping soundly, I asked Eric for a foot rub.

He said, "I will give you a foot rub only if you actively look at my comic cards."

He has this book of comic book character trading cards that he has saved since junior high, many many pages. It's just one of his quirks. So the scene was this: Eric rubbing my feet with lotion. Me flipping through the pages "actively" looking at the comic cards. Then he wanted to quiz me about it. Thankfully (sort of) Cordelia woke up and interrupted the quiz. It was a good foot rub though.

4 comments:

Emily said...

Ha! Love the song! And tonight I may have to tell Mike that I would love to look through his comic book collection in exchange for a foot rub. I'll let you know how it goes.

Gypsy said...

That seems a very small price to pay for a good foot rub.

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Wendy said "Dada" way before she said "Mama" - ungrateful little punk! ;-P

Stacy said...

Yeah for knowing "Mama!!!" And actively looking. And foot rubs. Life is good for you Maria!! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...