Sunday, June 13, 2010

Project, ReMade Button and Vegan Chocloate

Yesterday I decided that wearing brooches needs to make a fashion comeback. I have a few, but they are pretty much like loud costume jewelry (which is often perfect) and I wanted something a bit more contemporary. So I decided to remake an old button into something fresh and new.

First I found an old button. I chose a smaller sized button because it was a little bit more subtle. I didn't want to re-purpose my plate sized New Kids on the Block Button for heaven's sake.
1

Next I grabbed a fabric scrap.
2

I adhered the fabric to the button, smoothing it out carefully as I went along.
3

Then I used bits of paper and beads to make a little design. Voila, a new brooch in under 15 minutes.
4

ALSO, I received a package of vegan chocolate in the mail yesterday! I won it from Carmen because I named her treadmill, Lola (as in the movie Run, Lola, Run)
chocolate

7 comments:

E.K. said...

What?! My Evil Dead button is now a girl's brooch? Life is cruel sometimes...

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Does Eric know you converted his Evil Dead button into awesome jewelry? ;-)

Maria Rose said...

Ha, guess he does now. In my defense he has had that pin in our junk drawer for at least a decade...he's never once worn it.

eLiZaBeTh said...

Love the picture with Cordelia's sweet little hands:) You are so crafty!

sophie said...

I can't believe that you covered up an Evil Dead 3 button - even if it is really pretty and all, shame on you!!


xxxx

Stacy said...

Yay for pins and chocolate!!

E.K. said...

Wait one minute. "never once worn it." I think not...that button was an essential part of my "flair" when I was a manager at Hastings. Anyway, I think your updated button is way cooler.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...