Saturday, June 12, 2010

To Rain or Not to Rain

I think the world can be divided into two types of people, those who like rain and those who don't. My middle brother and sister-in-law live in Arizona because they like the sun. They call in the middle of December and brag about their 70 degree weather. They enjoy sitting poolside and feeling hotter than hot.

Flowerssss

I admit that sometimes in the dead of winter it does sound appealing, but mostly I would really miss rainy days. Sure the southwest gets awesome monsoons in the summer, but they come and go quickly. I like a rainstorm to linger and saturate.

Rian

Yesterday it was rainy. Today it is still raining. The ground is soaked, the verdant hillsides are looking more pacific northwest than mid-Wyoming. I am feeling right in my element. I always feel a bit more when there is rain. Every song seems to have a deeper meaning, even New Kids on the Block seem to have some sort of important message with their music ( for the record I am already trying to push NKOTB on Cordelia).

Eric and C

We had coffee, we went to the library, we drove around, we got rained on a little bit. I absolutely loved it. Today it looks like another wonderful rainy day.

Are you a rain person?

14 comments:

Genevieve said...

I am a rain person, that said in moderate doses.

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

I was delighted when I moved to SC and discovered WARM rain. In NM it's always pretty chilly, but in SC it's delightful to play in and you don't feel chilled.

Linda said...

I like the major variations in climate in Norway during the year. Too hot weather can leave me a bit lethargic, but of course I love sunny mild days... But after 3 very hot days now, I really appreaciated a few grey, overcast days and not having to worry about covering my boy in sunscreen. Rain is good, as long as it is not pouring incessantly.

affectioknit said...

I do love a nice rainy day...

nevertravelled said...

I am a total rain person. I LOVE it. Grew up in Oregon and miss it terribly. We had a rainy, rainy winter in CA and it was divine!

Gypsy said...

They'll be Old Kids On The Block to Cordelia, but she might think of them fondly. How do you think of John Denver? I know that Engelbert Humperdinck means something to me because of my Mom.

Maria Rose said...

Well of course JD always reminds me of dad. I really hope that Cordelia thinks of better musicians when she thinks of me...or maybe not.

..... Carmen said...

After living on the West Coast, I know I am not a rain person. The bleak grey skies for 4 months made me miss the big blue Alberta skies. I'm happily at home on the prairie with just a bit of rain here and there mixed in for a change of pace.

Court said...

I just love your pictures! We sure could use some rain here! But thankfully it hasn't been a killer Texas summer ... yet.

Emily said...

Sometimes a rainy day is just perfect!

Obaitori Spiritual Mothering said...

Some people walk in the rain others just get wet. I like to walk, Katie.

Robin said...

One of my fave things to do is walk in the rain!!!

sophie said...

I don't mind rain for a day or two, but we had rain for 2 weeks and I nearly cried I was so sick of it. I must say that if it does rain I love it to be a real thorough soak as well, a good drenching.

p.s the second photo is AMAZING!!!!

Stacy said...

Oh, I adore a good rainy day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...