Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Storm

Yesterday we had one of the first good thunder storms of the season. I love a good storm, don't you?

It started out slowly. I took Cordelia onto the back porch and she smiled up and me as we were hit with the first gentle drops. What must it be like to feel rain for the first time? I wish I remembered.

We went back inside as the real action started to happen, a serious downpour complete with thunder and a few flashes of lightning. We ate vegan pizza as we waited for the storm to roll over.

rocks in puddle

It was gone just as fast as it hit. Everything was quiet and fresh, the birds started chirping again, tentatively at first and then letting loose in full celebration (sadly feasting on the poor brainless worms).

wet flowers

PS This morning Cordelia just decided to crawl for real.

4 comments:

Hello Lindello said...

I can't wait for our first big storm. I love keeping the windows open and just listening!

Stacy said...

Yay for crawling and storms. I love a good thunder storm. I got ripped off the other night with thunder but no lightning.

As for the bird/worm issue, thinking about it as them feeding their young. If people ate worms (like, because it was what we did. Not just the oddballs.) you'd give them to Cordelia, right? Now, I'm really glad I'm not having spaghetti for dinner....

..... Carmen said...

Congratulations on the crawling! A new level of baby proofing and excitement for Bumblebee has begun :) P.S. You need to let me know what type of treats you like so I can send you a package!! :)

affectioknit said...

Oh yes! I love a good storm!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...