Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sew Sweet

Yesterday we were at the store getting some groceries and cat litter. My mom actually met us at the store, because she needed a "Cordelia fix." She approached us as Eric was suggesting that I take a look at a desk to see if it could work as a sewing table. I was impressed with the desk it had cool compartments and a nice work space. However being the gal that I am I said that I would think about it.

I really like to mull over any expense, even relatively small ones, and usually I forget about whatever it is. Saves us bundles of money I am sure. I really am a thrifty gal so this was just par for the course (I mentioned golf Dad, are you impressed?).

Anyway, we walked through the store with my mother, two shopping carts, a baby, Eric and I. Quite a caravan if I do say so myself. My mother and Cordelia had their own thing going on. My mom lets Cordelia play with all of the tags and such, she loooves it. After loading up on good eats we headed out of the store and back home.

Eric said he was going to go back to the store and buy me the desk. I have been trying to find a decent sewing desk at thrift stores for quite some time now and no luck. Still I said that I didn't need the desk. He insisted and off he went, taking the recycling while he was at it.

When he returned he carried up this huge box, some pink lemonade and some chocolate soy ice cream! He set up in the sewing room and spent an hour putting it all together. Then he tried to arrange it a bit for me.

desk1

desk

He did this while Cordelia and I played in the other room, eating chocolate soy ice cream.

ice cream

I love him a lot!

9 comments:

Stacy said...

I love that desk!! Where's it from?

Sarah said...

That is a very cool desk. I love the compartment, how useful! My sewing machine currently sits on a cardboard box on the floor and I have to press the pedal with my knee... on day I will be organised I'm sure!

affectioknit said...

What an awesome sewing desk - the chocolate ice cream looks good too...

Tammie said...

ooh i love that desk. its perfect.

Momma CupKate said...

I am perfectly wretched at sewing. In my head, I create masterpieces, but in reality they're *ahem* somewhat lacking.

Gypsy said...

He's such a good man!

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

Nice desk :) I just use the dining room table...eh he.. I absolutely LOVE ice cream. I am so glad there are so many vegan options now- the hubs and I have ice cream dates every thursday night (tradition we started at the new year) and yesterday we had vanilla coconut dream which we crumbled mint oreos into...yumm...

elizabeth said...

"I love him alot."

ummm, yeah! :)
what great gifts!

the dwellers said...

Super cute sewing table!

We are loving that brand of ice cream too... only we get the flavors made with coconut milk because we can't have any soy. Fun summer treat :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...