Monday, November 29, 2010

Random Monday

A few different odds and ends on my mind today

1) When I cut Cordelia's hair for the first time I couldn't throw the hair away. Eric thought it was totally creepy, but I soon discovered that other mothers are weird about this too. I ended up putting the 30 hairs (an approximate number, I didn't count them) into a little envelope and I'll put it in her baby book. Did you do that? Why do you think we're compelled to save the first haircut trimmings?

2) Yesterday and elderly woman told my husband that he was foxy!
Foxy

3) I just love these two together!
Laughing wtih Grandpa

4) If you haven't had a chance please check out Wyoming Rose, the shop that my mother and I opened. Also, my friend Robin is having a sale through today at her shop Rya Creations.

What random bits are on your mind today?

9 comments:

affectioknit said...

I definitely saved the hair from Scout's first haircut - I put it into a ziplock bag in his baby book...and years ago - my Mom saved the hair from each of her four children - a curly red lock from my sister and mine straight as a board - but much lighter...funny...

Robin said...

That it snowed so much yesterday that it will take me an hour to shovel! Plus... I am really in love with the cinnamon scented pine cones on my kitchen counter.

I saved hair from Fritz's first haircut too!

AKM said...

Hee hee, my mom saved my hair and my brother's. I have no idea why we all do this!

You and your mom made such lovely things! I can't wait until payday, because I see several things that I'd like to get.

Blossom said...

Hey, YAY! Im so excited about winning!!!! *big grin* Unfortunately my computer isnt letting me open emails on yahoo... so Im messaging on here. Do you have a facebook? Otherwise, when Im on a different computer on wensday, I can email you details then... Just let me know!! :)

I LOVE those pictures by the way! They are absolutely heartwarming!!!

Paisley said...

Not only did I save his hair, I also saved his umbilical cord (what was left of it when it fell off) Boy we all got a chuckle outa that one when the last time I brought out the baby book that fell out on to the floor. Might have to rethink that one and toss it the next time I get the baby book out.

Emily said...

My mom saved my hair from my first haircut which I always thought was kind of neat. But alas...I did not save any hair from all three of my kids' first haircuts. I think people do it because that hair represents their sweet baby that just grew up too fast! :)

sophie said...

I kept all my kidlets hair. I'll tell you what's creepy though, finding all your baby teeth your mum kept, from all four kids! Yikes!

Momma CupKate said...

I'm not gonna lie, I still feel compelled to save some of Sonny-bunny's hair! I hate to throw anything attache to him away.

Tammie said...

i did save montys hair from his first professionaly haircut-i still have it today!

lucy has yet to get a "real" hairct but ill probably save that too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...