Saturday, January 22, 2011

Blueberry Breakfast

I woke up this morning with a strong hankering for pancakes. Now that seems simple enough, but I have a long history of bad pancake making. The problem was all in my impatience, I would cook them on the outside and they'd be all goopy on the inside.

I went online looking for a good recipe and found this one. Of course I couldn't follow it exactly, I did 1/2 a cup of soy milk and 1/2 a cup of water instead of one cup of soy milk. I also added about 3/4 c. of blueberries that looked like they were willing to go out with a bang.

batter
Batter

pancakes
Pancakes

Pancakes
Note that we use a tea strainer for sifting powdered sugar.

They turned out wonderfully! Paired with a glass of o.j. you can't go wrong!!!

5 comments:

the mountain fox said...

Those pics are making me hungry.....and breakfast is a whole 8 hours away!

Emily said...

I too have a pancake complex-- too puffy, too thin...I just can't seem to get them right. Maybe my quest will continue with these! :)

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

mmm! looks so good! blueberry ANYTHING is always the best. now I want pancakes...

affectioknit said...

Oh how I love blueberry pancakes...but we had a house full of boys this morning and I made chocolate chip waffles instead...still yummy...

Amber said...

MMM, great idea to use a tea ball for sifting!! Love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...