Friday, February 18, 2011

Pretentious? Perhaps...

Eric and I are in the final stages of prep for our gallery show next month. Somewhere in the middle of December we had the crazy idea of taking our joint show to the next level. We came up with an entire theme and then decided to tie it all together within an art film which will also show at the gallery opening.

For the last couple of weeks Eric and I have been busy with filming and costume design and all that goes into any serious art film.

Hauling the video Camera

Windy Filming

Now Eric is knee deep in the editing process and I am finishing the last few pieces. All of our film making got me jazzed on some art films from the past. Care to watch a few? They are all really short if you're interested/bored.

Some Pretentious Art Films for Your Viewing Pleasure:
Have you already seen any of these? I like to force them upon my unsuspecting students!

4 comments:

Jes said...

Oh gosh, I still shy away from watching "The Eye Part" of Un Chien Andalou. I bought a copy on Amazon for my artist husband when we first met (he has a thing for Dali). Still makes me cringe! But as a bonus I gained an understanding of the reference in The Pixies' "Debaser!" :)
Jes

E.K. said...

I had never put the Pixies song and the film together! Now that's pretentious, ha ha! I would expect no less from Black Francis.

Kathryn Ashcroft said...

Hello... didn't want to just 'read and run'... this sounds hugely exciting am going to check those films out in a couple of days (going away for a while...). Good luck with your own film, I LOVE the painstaking editing process...
Kathryn x

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

I have never seen any of these, but will definitely check them out. Good luck on the show!

ps. I am sorry about the clothes being so late! I have been super busy this week, but we are sending the package today. sorry sorry sorry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...