Thursday, March 3, 2011

Green

Winter in Wyoming can go on and on (and on and on and on), but March is something of a turning point. Yes, there are many more snowy days in our future, but now we can know that there will be melting in between. Spring is most certainly on the way.

Yesterday I was on a walk with Cordelia and Bumblebee when I spotted the first new green growth of the season. I felt a bit of empathy for those trail blazing blades of green grass that were pushing up through the still snowy earth. I know that they will soon fall victim to another drift of snow, but they were making a go of it anyway.

Then, last night, as I lay in bed (see post about insomnia) waiting for sleep I heard an unfamiliar sound. I was still in a fog and I couldn't quite figure out what it was. I was somewhere in between dreams and wakefulness and for some reason I kept thinking that it was cereal falling in a cereal factory. When I finally woke up a bit more I realized that this foreign sound was the sound of falling rain! Not the silent accumulation of snow, but the heavy drops of cold rain falling in the night!

When I finally got out of bed I looked out at the wet ground and felt a burst of joy as I am quite ready for spring. Today I seem to be seeing green all around me, sure it's still just in my house, but soon it will spill outside in the form of new growth.

blocks
Blocks

curtain
Curtain

Secret Garden
The Secret Garden

Green scarf
Green Scarf

Has spring begun in your town? Or fall for those of you on the other side of the world?

Speaking of Spring. We are doing a little spring cleaning with a huge clearance section at Wyoming Rose. Check out our shop or sign on to follow our new Wyoming Rose Blog where you will get cool discounts and sale info.

4 comments:

Penny said...

Lovely! I can't wait for green grass and green leaves on trees! Really cute polka dotted scarf. I have a green crinkle scarf that I can't wait to wear this spring and summer :)

Keia Kato-Berndt said...

I am SO ready for spring. It is definitely coming soon. I love your curtains and am a BIG fan of the Secret Garden- childhood favorite. :) I am going to go check out your shop now!

elizabeth said...

no green here yet.
it's snowing today.
and very grey . . .
but your (cordelia's?) curtains made me smile. :) i think i'm going to have to do something similar in miss maddie's room when i make her new curtains. :)

Robin said...

It rained here too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...