Monday, July 11, 2011

Family Night and an Evening Outside

window
Sunday evenings have become something of a family night for our crew. Usually around late afternoon we (Eric, Cordelia, Bumblebee and I) all head over for an evening with my parents and Sam. Sometimes there are plans, but often there are not.

Last night Eric and my father played golf for a small eternity. Mom, Cordelia and I took the dogs for a walk. We lounged around talking, reading magazines, etc.

purple

Later there was dinner. Since so many of us have specific dietary needs (health and veganism) my mom just cooked up a bunch of singular ingredients and then we all threw what we wanted into a wrap, it was gooood.

Bode

daisies

Finally we found our way into the yard. Cordelia played. I messed around with our new camera lens (did you see how awesome those flower photos are? Thank you new lens!)

With GRandpa

chairs

rock

vines

Me

Mom watered the plants as I looked on. Eric made some jokes. Sam was sarcastic (his area of expertise).

yellow flowers

Nothing happened at all. All day! Sort of a rare occurrence for us to just have a day with nothing to do. I am always going and going. A quiet day and a peaceful evening are sometimes just the needed respite. Did you have a lazy day/ Family night?

3 comments:

Susan S said...

Wow! Those are great photos! You made our yard look really pretty good.

kirsten said...

You lucky duck. A new camera lense!! I am still waiting for my broken camera to get fixed. boo
I love your hair-do in the photo, very cool :)

Nicole Justice-Kleemann said...

We had a lazy night at the lagoon. I love that is doesn't get dark here until 9pm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...