Monday, September 12, 2011

Sunshine

We had a rather challenging start to our weekend. A nasty little pathogen found it's way into our home and left Cordelia stricken. Friday and Saturday were spent snuggling and cuddling a little girl who kept hugging me and saying, in a raspy voice, "I wuv you." Sweet girl.

I got one of those lessons that motherhood is so good at delivering. We let go of weekend plans and just hung out at home, following her lead. We kept a slow pace. I don't know about you, but when I am ill I just push myself to get better fast. With Cordelia we didn't. We let her roll around, sleep, snuggle, cry, cough, and go through all of those things that an illness forces upon us. I was reminded of how little control we have and I felt so thankful that we live in a time where we can get medical help when needed (for the record she had a double ear infection and some mystery throat infection).

Yesterday she was beginning to feel much better (thanks to a weekend visit to the doctor). So we decided to get out of the house and take a walk in the sunshine. We appreciated the fresh air, the changing 0f the season, the warm air, and a return to health.

cordelia and i at river

grass

c and i

seed

toad

grasses

cordelia

cloud

tail

hawt

grasshopper

seeds

How was your weekend?

9 comments:

Susan S said...

My week-end was a bit flatter than normal because we didn't get to see you guys. Everybody get well quickly!

Emily said...

I'm so glad Cordy is feeling better. A double ear infection is no fun at all! I love the picture of you and your girl. I see you have resisted the temptation to cut your bangs! You look pretty either way though! :)

Maria Rose said...

Emily, I was this/close to a bang cut this weekend. We are not out of the woods yet. Plus I sometimes miss them. Ahh, indecision!

mrs boo radley said...

I love her little outfit!
Our weekend was amazing. And mine is still happening. Mondays off!

Victoria said...

Weekend was Wonderful!! Thanks to a certain Team Wimmer!! Hope Cordelia is feeling better. xo

Roxee said...

I really don't have a weekend, because I work 7 days a week... But we did have a yard sale on Saturday and made a hundred dollars...
Then came home at 2:00 pm and went to sleep!

bel said...

Beautiful, vibrant photos!

Glad Cordelia is feeling better. Double ear infections are awful (for the kid and the parents)!

Veggie Tales said...

I love the photo of Bumblebee's tail!

elizabeth said...

oh - our weekend was 4 days of camping in perfect weather - just the 4 of us. it was WONDERFUL! :)

so glad to see your lovely outdoor adventures, too.

hugs from far away,
elizabeth

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...