Compelled by the season I decided on a bit of a day of the dead (dia de los muertos) theme instead of straight up Halloween.
Here is a little run down of what I did:
- I took a wooden box we had laying around, painted the interior. I wrapped the outside in paper from an old encyclopedia set.
- I found a branch that fit into the box and wrapped it with yarn.
- Next I cut out some curlicues from the same book and adhered them to the back of the box.
- I cut out some images of birds, adhered them to paperboard (for sturdiness), trimmed the paperboard, and attached the birds to the branches.
- I inserted a store bought nest.
- I made a skull and flowers out of clay.
- I added the clay elements and called it good.
Have you got any cool ideas or themes for shadow boxes?