Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Little Change Will Do Us Good

Maybe it is because my childhood was full of constant change, but I have always had to prepare myself a bit for change. We moved a lot when I was young. I'm not complaining because I think it really helped me to be a bit more outgoing and resilient. I do have early memories of my mother preparing me for change. She would even prepare me if she was to get a new haircut, although this may have been to save herself from the exclamatory remarks of unprepared children. She would explain to me what was happening and why and then she'd generally put a positive spin on it, making the whole experience seem like nothing more than an awesome event to anticipate. Most importantly she'd give me the tools to deal with the change, even small ones. She still does this to some degree, which is appreciated---not everything changes.

Don't get me wrong I often embrace change, it is really an exercise in futility to pretend that things can/would/should stay the same. Life is really marked by change isn't it? Graduation, marriage, children, etc. those are the markers of change.

So, tell me does all of this talk about change have your palms sweating? Are you running through scenarios of where I might be taking all of this change talk? Well, really I am dramatically over-hyping the change that will be coming here in the New Year, but I wanted to prepare you lest you become confused on New Year's Day and think you've stumbled into some alternate blogging universe.

Are you ready for this?

Really ready?

Nothing has changed yet....so don't panic, but I will have a new blog header on the first.

There, I've said it! I feel good about it. How do you feel about it?

Eric and I have been tossing around ideas for some time now and we finally settled on one. Eric is my blog header designer you see. Last night we did a little photo shoot---the following photos really give you no indication of what the final design is, but I thought I'd share.

adorable

Naturally the whole family was involved and when you take our crew things can get a bit crazy. There were multiple outfit changes for all parties as we settled on our design. There was laughter. Bumblebee begged for food and attention, preferring to place herself right at my feet no matter where I was. Then Cordelia joined in and started up her chant of,"Wanna hold me." I admitted that I did not want to hold her at that very minute. She did not take it well...

Tears

So I gave in and held her and pretended to cry as well (I really should write a parenting book don't you think?) and soon those tears turned into fake cry-laughing and then all was well with the world. We finished up the photo shoot. I was apparently the most challenging to photograph as I am a bit of a wiggler/shifter and I tend to "make crazy eyes," according to Eric.

Eric stayed up late designing an awesome new blog header which I cannot wait to share with you, so for now just consider yourself prepared for change. January first the new blog header is coming at you!

7 comments:

Roxanne said...

Okay... I'm ready...

Carmen said...

Exciting!

Kate said...

Jealous AND excited!

Susan said...

I am sooooo glad you prepared us!

Victoria said...

Bracing myself!!

jhailstone said...

I will be back to see what your new blog looks like. See you next week!

Emily said...

I love the first picture of Cordelia. She looks like a baby model! And I'm looking forward to seeing the big change here soon.... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...