Saturday, December 17, 2011

Wonder Pets

Have you heard of the Wonder Pets? If you are a parent to a toddler I assume you have, if not---then perhaps this is the first time you are learning of them. They are a team of animals (a guinea pig, a duckling and a turtle) who rescue animals in trouble, from a children's tv program.

Wonder pets cape

We don't allow Cordelia to watch much TV, but she is absolutely crazy about these Wonder Pets so we allow her to watch a bit of Wonder Pets on Netflix. She uses her imagination, playing Wonder Pets, throughout the day. Eric and I are happy that she has turned this into something fun that really fosters her imaginative play and we really love to encourage that kind -o- thing.

wonder epts 2

Eric had the great idea to make Cordelia her own Wonder Pets cape. So yesterday evening I sewed up a little cape. Eric designed a W logo for the back and put on a snap. When we presented her with the cape she was beyond thrilled. She put it over over her cupcake pajamas and went crazy playing and using her imagination.

wonder pets 1

Simple project that sure made a big impact. I have no doubt that there will be some public cape wearing in our future. Ahhh, the magic of a cape.

11 comments:

Roxanne said...

Love the way she wears the cape, so proud!
And I think I like the fact that it was Eric that suggested the cape...

Susan said...

Oh I love that little Wonder Pet!

Tammie said...

oh and she has the stuffed pets too! how cute.

wonder pets fell into the category of shows i could tolerate. (unlike Dora the Explorer which grates on my last nerve.) my favorites of all time though are Max and Ruby or Little Bill, which used to be on when my son was little.

Emily said...

Bedets! She looks so happy. I love it when I see little kids wearing capes and costumes in public. I instantly think they are really cool.

Victoria said...

Darling! I made a Zelda cape for Sean with Rune symbols air brushed all over it AND I made him a Zelda power ring set with a big ol' garnet! He thought he could rule the world with that cape and ring. Nothing could ever top it! :)

Nicole Elizabeth said...

So sweet, great job. We also are fans of wonder pets here.

Chromosomally Enhanced said...

that is VERY cute!! we are also a HUGE fan of the Wonder pets...pretty sad when I am just as excited about a new episode! great cape...now lets save the day! smiles

Kirsten said...

what's going to work? TEAM WORK!

Kate said...

My son was allowed 0 television until he was 3, and then only 30 minutes/week. {I have a picture of him at about 2.5 when he stepped on the remote. He was so shocked by the noise and picture he burst into big, loud tears.}
He did, however, hear about Spiderman from other kids. From about 2-4 years old, he thought 'Piderman was a black barbie doll. I went along with that. He also had a cape {well, many, actually, but he had a specific favourite} that, until it was lost to us Summer of '10 along with everything else we owned, he would sleep with, eat with and even tried to cajole me to allow him to bathe with it.
I hope Miss Cordelia finds the magic of her cape still active even at 6. She sounds like a singular and clever lass.

sophie said...

So cute! Her hair makes her look so grown up, she has lost some of that baby-ness in her face. What a sweetheart!

elizabeth said...

and W is also for Wimmer, you know. she is a Super W! ;)

(the Backyardigans are also very cool - at least Maddie and Isaac and I thought so - we can still handle those cute friends if we are babysitting for a long afternoon)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...