Monday, January 23, 2012

Winter Fun

A few weeks ago I was wondering how people get to spend much time outside in the winter. I longed to spend some time in the snow with my girl, playing and exploring. For some reason I couldn't understand why we weren't doing that this winter I could recalls points in my life where I had enjoyed playing outside in the snow, but here in Wyoming it just wasn't happening.

You see lately the wind has been blowing hard, as in hard enough to easily knock over a 2 year old. The wind has been known to do this to people's hair. It blows the cold in through your pores finds its way into your marrow and eventually it freezes your very soul. Oh wait, was that a bit over dramatic? Oh well, I did some awesome theater in elementary school I guess I still have a flair for the dramatics...

Anyway, yesterday morning we awoke to a fresh layer of snow and...I couldn't believe it, but there was almost no wind to speak of. The sun was shining, the weather was perfect for some outdoor play. So, we all bundled up and headed outside to enjoy the winter!

clouds

C throwing a snowball
Cordelia throwing snow at her father

snowball
Eric throwing a snowball at me

Snow on pink cheeks
Pink cheeks from multiple face plants

Walking away
Strolling down the street

snow on tree

melting

Walking together

Sweet cheeks

When it was all said and done we had so much fun just getting out to enjoy the snow and a little family time. How was your weekend?

6 comments:

Emily said...

Yay for no wind! I know how brutal icy cold wind can be. And I love Cordelia's pink cheeks. Looks like you all had a fun time together. We have yet to see snow here. :(

Roxanne said...

I wish I had time to go outside to play in the snow like you and your family...
But, this weekend, we finished putting up cement board (special dry wall stuff that repels water, hence mold) in our bathroom, We are finishing tomorrow, putting up barker board, instead of individual tiles.
They were on sale $15.00 a piece instead of the regular $29!

Susan said...

Great photos! I especially love the pink cheeks one.

Kate W. said...

Pretty sure I snorted coffee out my nose at your photo link!!! ROTFLOL! And my favorites of YOUR photos are the one of Cordy's pink cheeks (SO adorable) and of the sun glistening on the water. That is an awesome picture! We had a tiny bit of snow here on Saturday; supposed to get more today. This has not been the winter for snow, though! I actually kind of miss it!

Kirsten Taggart said...

kids in snowsuits look hilarious.

singlemama said...

I love your pics!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...