Thursday, February 16, 2012

Team Project???

Last night Eric put his hand on my belly and got to feel his first little kick. I have been feeling the the little jabs and punches for a few weeks now, but we are getting to a point where it is possible to feel those little movements from the outside.

I was talking with my mother about this and we were laughing because early on in pregnancy one is so eager to feel even the slightest movement and by the end it can be seen from across the room.

Anyway the growing sense of reality has me getting all jazzed up. Plus, two weeks from today we are going to find out the gender. I have 9 pregnant friends (that's a lot right?) who know the gender of their babies and they are ALL having boys. I have been having friends and family guess the gender and now you can too...check out the poll on my sidebar. I will have an official guess and prize next week.

So that leads me to the point of today's blog post. Starting March 1st (that's when my show opens and I will have more free time) I will be working my way through this book one project at a time.

book

I was wondering if you would like to join me? Even if you aren't planning on having children there are always people who have them and I imagine a good stash of baby gifts would be just the thing. Also, one winner from my official gender guess next week will win a copy of the book. See...you want to play along don't you? I will go through one project a week until I am done with the book. The sewing is quite basic so I think pretty much any skill level can work through it. What do you think?

10 comments:

affectioknit said...

FUN!

Roxanne said...

Hope you have a boy, then you have one of each gender... unless you are planning on having more?
I would love to do the project with you. I need to get the sewing machine out of storage and place it in the spare room.

Susan said...

That sounds like a great idea! I may or may not keep up with you, but I definitely want to start making something specifically for this little person.

Carmen said...

That sounds like such fun :). I'll think on it and let you know! (about playing along) :)

Rachel said...

I love the idea!!! I always thought little people clothes would be fun to make!

Rachel said...

P.S. I know how you feel with all your friends having boys. All our friends have boys too with our little V in the midst of it all as the only girl!

Kate said...

I'm so excited to find out the gender of your babe! We won't be having any more kids {we think, anyway.} Both times I wanted to wait and find out at birth and both times, it was revealed to me. I was so disappointed when the radiologists told me what I was having, but I am always absurdly excited to find out the gender of OTHER peoples' babes. SIlly, huh?

Bettina said...

Oh I'd love to play along. What are some of the projects inside? I need to do some sewing that is not nappies. I am so sick of the production line sewing!

Nicole Elizabeth said...

I love this book! I'd love to sew along with you!

elizabeth said...

i think you are having a boy . . .
because we have a girl and then a boy and it's awesome! :)

i'd love to sew along. (i have some pregnant friends . . .)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...