Saturday, March 3, 2012

Angelcake and Gingersnap

Thank you all for your kind comments, texts, emails and phone calls to congratulate us on the newest member of our family. We are really excited to specialize in girls!

Cordelia is excited and even has a vague idea of what she is excited about. She has been talking to her baby sister in my tummy.

This morning she told me she was playing hide and seek with the bananas...the ones that are sitting immobile on the kitchen counter. I couldn't be happier to provide her with a sibling, because I am certain that the bananas will never make good hide and seek players.

looking down

Cordelia also informed me that from now on she will be called Anglecake and the baby will be Gingersnap.

IMG_3975
Eric is very happy to be a father of two girls although I think he is planning to become a bodybuilder or collector of medieval weaponry as now he has to worry about getting two girls through their teen years, fending off the boys. I expect that he will have a full head of shimmering white hair within the next few years.

As for me, I am so thrilled to watch these two girls develop their own unique sister relationship. My deepest dream is that they will be close throughout their whole lives.

8 comments:

Allen said...

Love Anglecake & Gingersnap

Kate said...

Precious!!!

Bettina said...

Sweet imagination- playing with the bananas!

singlemama said...

poor eric... ahahahahah ;)

Victoria said...

Anglecake! Perfect, what a crazy imagination...just like....! Love your postcard btw...wish we were there have a great show!

Susan said...

It is not likely that anyone will every accuse her of lacking imagination.

Emily said...

Those nicknames are just too sweet. You could write a children's book about sisters with those names. It's the perfect title! I am excited for those two little girls to get to know each other!

sophie said...

Great names - kinda kooky and retro! Raising girls is a privilege as you know, I love having daughters, they fill me up! Andrew however is not coping with the almost 16 year old, she is growing too fast, she wears bras and eye make up - he is firmly living in denial, for now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...