Friday, March 2, 2012

We are having......

big news

Yesterday morning was the longest morning of all time. Really I swear that it was. Did you notice it too? I woke up and was ready to go very early. I was excited and anxious. Truly I didn't care what the results were I just wanted to know. So, we ate our breakfast and tried to distract ourselves as the morning seemed to drag on. Finally it was time to go.

My parents were flying home and kept checking in to see if we knew anything. I did my normal checkup with the nurse. Everything was great. Then we waited. We watched as two other couples got their time in the ultrasound room. The nurse gave Cordelia a black balloon (for the doctor's birthday) and fiiiiiiinally it was our turn.

We went into the ultrasound room and tried to patiently wait. Seriously a challenge. Another small eternity passed. Cordelia tried to fly around with her balloon. Then the doctor came in. He is a great doctor. We stuck a lollipop in Cordelia's mouth (she can be a real Chatty Cathy) and turned off the lights. I had the goop smeared across my belly and the doctor set to work.

I would like to start with the joyful news that our baby is healthy! The doctor showed us a healthy brain and a healthy heart. There were no deformities to be seen and no warning signs for other complications. He commented that our baby was really really active. No kidding! I could have told him that one! We watched as our little baby grabbed at ears and waved around in there like it had always had limbs, always had a body.

Now, I can't tell you how easy it would be to just expect that all would be perfectly fine, but I cannot take that for granted. The health of this baby is the real gift and it was our deepest concern to know that all is well and all is healthy. What a gift and a comfort. Not every parent gets to experience this joy and we are so thankful and we will not take that for granted.

Now...with that said I suppose you are all eager to hear the news. I will let Cordelia and the black balloon tell the tale....

balloon

We have a set. Sisters! Sisters have always been a mystery to me. I cannot wait to see these two develop their own relationship. We are overjoyed! Thank you all for sharing in this exciting time! I mean that sincerely.

And the winner, through random number generator is EMILY! I will get your book on its way today! Congratulations

17 comments:

eLiZaBeTh said...

Another little sweetheart to add to your family! I am so very happy for you Maria!! Would you please message me your address via facebook? I'll be needing it so that I can send you something for the girls:)

singlemama said...

I'm happy for you all even if I said it was a boy !!!

:))

affectioknit said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

Roxanne said...

Another little girl, they will either be best of friends or enemies for life. But I think friends because with parents like both of you, they will only know good things in life.

Genetic information - it's the MALE who determines the sex of the baby! So Eric.... you created a girl!

Allen said...

COOL!!COOL!!Grandma could't keep it quiet.

E.K. said...

I can't take credit for creating a girl. I will admit I provided the X chromosome. It takes two to tango and I don't remember providing the egg also, ha ha.

Victoria said...

We are 'over the moon' happy for you!!

Soley said...

Congratulations!!

Rachel said...

oh congratulations on a little girl!! how exciting!! so happy for your family and the wonderful future of sisterhood!! =) thank you for sharing all of this with us!

Jes said...

Congratulations to you all! What a joy!

Bettina said...

Congratulations! Beautiful news.

Aimee B said...

Congratulations! I don't even mind being wrong! How sweet to have girls... I have only boys, myself!

On my way Home... said...

Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Very happy for you :) xx

L

Clare said...

That is wonderful!!! I have two girls and they are delights! Congratulations! (and I guessed right!)

Tammie said...

yay!!! congratulations! i've been anxiously awaiting the news-although probably not as anxiously as you have.:)

Kirstens Kitchen said...

AWESOME...she will have a sissy! congrats to you and your family.
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...