Friday, May 11, 2012

Vegan Recipe: Mild Curried Potato Salad

Now I must admit that  doing anything mild is just not in my nature, however....with third trimester acid reflux I get heartburn from breathing air. No need to add a lot of spice to my life at this point. So when I had a hankering for a curried potato salad I decided to try a much more mild version of it. You could easily spice it up!

curried potato salad

Ingredients
  • 1 1/2-2 lbs. red potatoes, washed and cut into about 1 inch pieces
  • 1/3 c. vegenaise
  • 1/4 c. vegan sour cream
  • 2 tsp. brown mustard
  • 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp. curry powder
  •  1/2 of a small white onion, finely chopped
  • 1 red apple, peeled, cored and chopped into about 1 inch pieces
  • 1/4 c. raisins
  • 1/4 c. chopped walnuts
  • salt and pepper to taste

Directions
  1. Boil your potatoes until easily pierced with a fork, drain off water
  2. In a large bowl combine the vegenaise, vegan sour cream, brown mustard, garlic and curry powders. Mix.
  3. Add the onion, apple and the cooked potato. Toss gently to coat.
  4. Add the raisins and nuts, salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy warm or cool.

5 comments:

affectioknit said...

YUM! is right!

~Have a lovely day!

Emily said...

I think the raisins would add a nice sweetness and the nuts would give a good crunch. Sounds good!

Victoria said...

I am definitely going to try this! Love curry!! AND I bought tofu today!!

mark said...

Sounds delicious.

singlemama said...

I think I'll try this.

(I' just reading backwards what I had missed, I'm glad you're fine!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...