Saturday, June 16, 2012

Eleven

wedding pic teamw immer0001

What? Who are those two kids? Wait, that is us way back in time----eleven years ago!!


Today is our eleven year wedding anniversary! I can't really even understand how those eleven years have passed, yet time continues to move forward (or sideways or slantways, depending on your perspective). Eric and I had already been a couple for quite some time when we got married, but that was the day we made a very serious commitment (our vows said FOREVER, not 'til death do us part) to each other and probably made the best decision of our lives. Not one single day has passed in those elven years where I didn't feel a deep gratitude for my husband and our marriage. Today is no different. I am so in love with my husband (yeah, yeah, yeah it's my blog I can be sappy) and today is a day to celebrate.

In honor of our 11 years I thought I would paint a little past/present picture for you:

2001
Eric and I were technically homeless. We had left our first college, planning to move to Montana after the wedding. We stayed with family for about a month before the wedding.

Our list of responsibilities included keeping two very independent cats alive. Oh and keeping ourselves alive. We didn't have any bills at all at that point in time. Absolutely 0.

We were in Alamogordo, NM.

We had almost no money and no jobs. Pretty much it was a great time to get married and I say that without any sarcasm, it really was a good time to get married.

We had high school diplomas and a few years of college between the two of us.

We pretty much had it all figured out.

2012
We are no longer semi-homeless. Homeowners instead.

We finished college...at least until I lose my mind and go back for the PhD.

Our list of responsibilities is too extensive to bother listing off. Still included on that list are keeping ourselves and two independent cats alive.

We have jobs and our needs are all met.

We live in Wyoming of all places.

We have a daughter and another soon (very soon) to arrive.

We have nothing figured out and are quite happy with that.

Bonus: If you know/care about This is Spinal Tap then you may appreciate the following link.....11

11 comments:

Allen said...

What a great family and what great family ties. Hope you get to see 50+, man the years do fly.

Daphne said...

aw. you guys totally go to 11!

I would also go so far as to say, "How many couples are cuter than you? And the answer would be none. None more cuter."

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

aw, congratulations! what a beautiful wedding photo -- you both look so happy:) have a great weekend!

affectioknit said...

Congratulations and many many blessings!

Susan Struck said...

We are so glad you found each other as well!

Roxanne said...

I've only known you for a little while, not the whole 11 years, but I do wish you a happy anniversary!

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Thank you for letting me part of that beautiful day eleven years ago. It is still a very dear and happy memory for me. I love you dearly and am so excited that your marriage goes to ELEVEN! ;-)

QuiteaCommonFairy said...

Thank you for letting me part of that beautiful day eleven years ago. It is still a very dear and happy memory for me. I love you dearly and am so excited that your marriage goes to ELEVEN! ;-)

Emily said...

Happy Anniversary to two of the coolest, most creative and compassionate people I know! I hope you enjoyed your special day together!

elizabeth said...

happy number 11!
isn't it amazing how life and perspective changes - but your love for each other only grows stronger and better?!
here's to many, MANY more happy years together!

AKM said...

Happy anniversary!

(Loves me some Nigel...)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...