Saturday, July 7, 2012

Project: Festive Plants

So, have you had enough of the bunting tutorials out there? I mean there is bunting for everything. The other day I was working through some deep philosophical thoughts with regard to bunting. I wondered how I really felt about the bunting phenomenon and just how it fit into my world. I finally concluded that I do indeed like bunting. I embrace any opportunity to make life more of a celebration.

Once I had organized these very important thoughts in my mind I decided to see what needed a little festivity in my life. My gaze swept across the room, searching for something that called out for bunting. Finally my search ended on my plant. Yep, that poor little guy just needed some party atmosphere so I decided to take bunting to the next level and make my plant festive.

plan bunting 1

I know, I know! You are totally wondering how you too can make your potted plants more festive. Don't worry my friends I have the solution and you can do it in less than 5 minutes. Phew!

You will need:
  • Scrap paper (cards, newspaper, wrapping paper, etc), cut into triangles that are roughly the same size. Just eyeball it.
  • Sewing machine or needle and thread if you want to go old school
plant bunting 3

Directions
  • Lay out your paper triangles
  • Sew them together, leaving a length of thread at both ends
  • Here comes the tricky part...tape it to your planter in a festive fashion
  • DONE!
plant bunting 1

Now you can sit back and look around in order to find something else around your house that needs the festive touch. Go forth, with bunting!

7 comments:

glutenfreehappytummy.com said...

i love this! great post:)

Emily said...

Hooray for festive plants!!

Roxanne said...

Simple and adds a nice touch!

Carmen said...

Ha ha. Ok obviously you need to have a baby lol ;) The plant looks very festive :)

affectioknit said...

Those are CUTE!

Stacy said...

Super cute!

sophie said...

Buntified!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...