Friday, July 6, 2012

Taking Care of Business

 100_4283

So, the big day is nearly upon us! The countdown has begun. We know that this baby will arrive within a matter of days (please not weeks) and that things are going to be changing around here. Don't worry. I am planning to continue blogging as ever; it has become my link to sanity. However, there may be a blog interruption---I am not about to blog while in labor. So, if you happen to notice my absence you can presume that something is happening on that front. Trust that I will return with updates and the exciting baby news as I am ready and willing.

I have been busting my hump (bump?) to finish up any and all last minute details before the big day. The bags are packed and we are more or less ready.

If you haven't already placed a guess on the delivery date to enter and win a prize box please do so by clicking this link and leaving a comment.

Now, since I am so obviously focused on this impending delivery I could really use a little distraction. Please tell me a joke, or something interesting at all. Distract me!!!!

6 comments:

Kirstens Kitchen said...

Hey you! That's crazy, I can hardly believe that you are due. Went by super fast. I don't know your last birth story...but I hope you have a speedy birth. My last one was 3.5 hours! AWESOME.
a joke huh..hmmmm?

What is invisible and smells like carrots?

Rabbit farts!

hehehe.
xoxox

Roxanne said...

It's going to be all right!
Now this is for Eric!

Now...what if MEN got PREGNANT!

~ Maternity leave would last for two years....with full pay.

~There would be a cure for stretch marks.

~Natural childbirth would become obsolete.

~Morning sickness would rank as the nation's #1 health problem.

~All methods of birth control would be 100% effective.

~Children would be kept in the hospital until potty trained.

~Men would be eager to talk about commitment.

~They wouldn't think twins were so cute.

~Briefcases would be used as diaper bags.

~Paternity suits would be a fashion line of clothes.

~They'd stay in bed during the entire pregnancy.

~Restaurants would include ice cream and pickles as main entrees.

~Women would rule the world.

Clare said...

okay. a duck walks into the produce section of a supermarket and asks the produce guy, "got any gwapes?"( you just have to say it like that.) the produce guy says, "no,sorry, duck, we ran out yesterday." the duck sadly flip flaps out of the store. but 5 mintues later he is back. he walks over to the produce guy and asks, "got any gwapes?"" the produce guy looks at the duck and says, "no, duck, i just told you that 5 minutes ago. no grapes." the duck sadly flip flaps away again, but 5 minutes later, he returns, "got any gwapes ?" "no!". this happens about 4 more times until finally the produce guy snaps and yells, "look duck, i told you we have no grapes 500 times! you come back in here and ask me that question again, i'm gonna staple your stupid webbed feet to the floor!" the duck sighs, shakes his head, and sadly flip flaps away. but 5 minutes later.the duck is back! he finds the produce guy and asks him, "got any staples?"
"nooo......" the produce guy replies
"got.any gwapes ?"

AKM said...

I love pigs. I love bad jokes. Therefore, here is what I have for you today:

What is a pig's favorite ballet?
Swine Lake!

E.K. said...

Some dads aren't losers. How about the other side of that.

*If men could get pregnant we would get the pleasure of developing a true connection to our child 9 months earlier.

*We wouldn't struggle with the overwhelming feeling of "being useless"

*And we might actually get paid leave to spend time with our infant instead of being told we have to go right back to work because we weren't the ones that gave birth.

Actually the only thing that is a fact is if men got pregnant the movie "Junior" would lose all it's humor. That's a reality I cannot handle.

Carmen said...

I've been thinking of you today but have nothing witty to offer. The waiting sucks :( I sure hope your babe makes an appearance soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...