Monday, July 2, 2012

Vegan Recipe: Vegan Blondie Bites

I am keeping with my sweet tooth theme this pregnancy. I am pretty much craving sugary sweets, but just in small nibbles. Mostly I like to bake something, have a taste for myself and give the rest away. Today I made blondies, before the heat of the day hits! I will drop most of them off with a friend later this morning.

blondie bites 2


Ingredients
  • Vegan equivalent to three eggs. I use EnerG Egg Replacer (4 1/2 tsp of Egg Replacer+ 6 Tbs. warm water)
  • 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
  • 1/4 tsp. almond extract (optional)
  • 3/4 c. vegan margarine at room temperature
  • 1 3/4 c. brown sugar
  • 1 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 c. vegan chocolate chips
Directions

Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. In a large bowl combine all of the wet ingredients using a hand mixer is easiest---until all ingredients are well combined, light and fluffy.. In a separate, smaller, bowl combine all of the dry ingredients, whisk together. Add the dry to the wet and mix together until all elements are incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and mix them in.

Pour the mixture into the baking pan and place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.

Let cool completely and then cut the blondies into bite sized pieces and, this time of year especially, refrigerate for a sweet mouthful throughout the day!


blondie bites1

5 comments:

Susan Struck said...

Looks delicious!

Roxanne said...

Yummy! I wish I was closer...lucky friend! munch munch!

VeganProblems said...

I love the idea of sampling your dessert then giving the rest away!
You are too cute - my favorite blog!

Siri Chand said...

These were some of my favorite treats growing up. Am so happy to hear of your adaptation of it to Vegan.

Siri Chand said...

Beautiful adaptation! Love blondies as a child.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...