- Vegan equivalent to three eggs. I use EnerG Egg Replacer (4 1/2 tsp of Egg Replacer+ 6 Tbs. warm water)
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract (optional)
- 3/4 c. vegan margarine at room temperature
- 1 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 1 1/2 c. flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 c. vegan chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 F. Lightly grease a 9x9 inch baking pan. In a large bowl combine all of the wet ingredients using a hand mixer is easiest---until all ingredients are well combined, light and fluffy.. In a separate, smaller, bowl combine all of the dry ingredients, whisk together. Add the dry to the wet and mix together until all elements are incorporated. Add the chocolate chips and mix them in.
Pour the mixture into the baking pan and place in the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
Let cool completely and then cut the blondies into bite sized pieces and, this time of year especially, refrigerate for a sweet mouthful throughout the day!