Tuesday, July 3, 2012

The Dark Side of Nesting

We are so close to baby time and I have a lot that needs to get done still. Situated at the top of the list was unfortunately paperwork and shredding that had gotten way out of hand. So I set Cordelia up with various forms of self-entertainment within my general scope of supervision and set to work.

distracting treat
Cordelia, distracted with a blondie bite and some almond milk.

First I sorted through all of our paperwork- past and present. I organized various piles of paper and set aside things that could be shredded. The bed in the guest room became my workspace. Once I had everything sorted I went to put them into the filing cabinet, only to discover that the filing cabinet was out of control as well. I was delighted in a way that only a pregnant woman deep in the throes of nesting can be. One by one I went through each and every file organizing and discarding as necessary.

Once I had everything in order on that front I had a veritable mountain of paperwork that had to be shredded before it could be recycled. So I dug in and set to work shredding paper. I shredded and shredded for what seemed like an eternity. Actually I think I fell into some sort of paper shredding wormhole and then this happened....

 


and then when I snapped out of it my kitchen looked like this.

paper on the floor

Thankfully I ended up with 4 bags full of shredded paper to take to the recycling bin later.

bags and paper

So, that is the dark side of nesting....

What did you do yesterday?

5 comments:

Emily said...

Paperwork is my nemesis. I tend to shove it into drawers and random places until it overflows and I have to deal with it. Some of it is business/bill related, but then other stuff is sentimental and I can't seem to part with it. Good for you tackling such a big job!

Carmen said...

I totally get this. I bought a shredder last week for that exact purpose. My carpet hallway looks like your kitchen. Yesterday was a holiday here - I watched the kiddos while Nate did schoolwork. Which meant the kids played in a backyard pool while I knit on the deck ;) It was a nice easy going day (with no nesting) lol

Roxanne said...

I don't deal with paperwork. My worst nightmare...

AKM said...

I have a HUGE stack of credit card offers that I want to bring to work and shred. (I literally get about 10 a week. It's awful.)

Slightly OT, but not really, since Cordelia's drinking it in the photo: do you prefer almond milk over soy? I still don't think I've ever tried it. Does it have as much protein and/or calcium as soy? Just wonderin'. :-)

Maria Rose said...

AKM I prefer soy milk. Eric prefers almond milk and Cordelia likes both equally. I generally just switch her up each time so she doesn't develop a preference. The almond milk is super healthy, like soy, but I generally buy the soy fortified with omega 3 fatty acids.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...