Thursday, July 19, 2012

Who Will She Be?

We are deep in the baby fog here. Who knows what day or time it is and who even cares? Mercifully Elise has been a good sleeper so far and we have been able to keep a fairly normal routine for Cordelia. However, the days are still running together and there is a strange sensation that time is moving forward with greater speed than usual while simultaneously creeping at a snail's pace.

hand

Our days have been mellow. Eric is still home from work and that has been wonderful as well. I wish we were independently wealthy and could just hang out as a family forever; work never interfering with our time together.

hair


The three of us have been looking at the newest member of our family and wondering just who this little lady is. Cordelia assures me that they will soon laugh until their bellies hurt. She has big plans for play and friendship. Eric and I wonder what kind of a person she will be.

foot


More than anything I just hope for both of my girls that they live happy and fulfilled lives. I hope that I can help to facilitate that as a parent, that I can help my daughters to find joy, creativity, beauty, love and faith in the world. No pressure.

face

11 comments:

Anja said...

I have been reading your blog for some time now and I have to say congratulations for your lovely family. I love your thoughts about life and how you see life. Thank you for sharing these moments.

Carmen said...

She is so incredibly sweet :) Enjoy the baby fog! It's a great place to be :)

Maria Rose said...

Anja, thank you for reading and for the wonderful compliments! Made my day!

Susan Struck said...

Beautiful photos! Those girls have the best Momma EVER!

Michelle said...

It is so fun learning the personality a a new little person. I know this about her--she is attentive and responsive to voices. She reacted so strongly when people spoke, particularly when Cordelia was making rather loud, excited comments. Elise definitely has good hearing! And whatever they say about babies' vision, she is definitely using hers as much as she can. When she heard Cordelia she twisted her head to look in that direction. So fun to watch.

Roxanne said...

So wonderful to have a new baby in the house. I wish you all the best and looking forward to "growing up" with Elise.

Stacy said...

She beautiful! I'm glad you are able to spend this time together as a family. Enjoy it!

Emily said...

There's an old Amy Grant song (from the early 80's) that says, "All I ever have to be is who you made me. Any more or less would be a step out of Your plan." I love that. I'm sure Elise will have the freedom from you all to grow and become exactly the person she was created to be. :)

Bliss Doubt said...

Omygosh, she looks just like Cordelia with a different set of colors.

Maria Rose said...

Ha ha. We have all been talking about that different coloring too. The girls are looking more similar every day...coloring aside.

Kirstens Kitchen said...

So super sweet. They change so quickly. Baby fog is awesome! Cute little hair...I love these photos!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...