Friday, August 3, 2012

Wyoming

If you have been reading my blog for long then you know that my love for Wyoming has been a bit slow to warm.  I can recall several instances in my past when vows to never live in Wyoming were made. Vows made while visiting on a windy winter day or after being ridiculed for out of state license plates.Now, don't get me wrong I do like Wyoming, but feel like I am betraying my beloved Montana when I proclaim strong feelings for any other state. Again, if you've been reading long then you know that I tend to attach human feelings to pretty much everything. However I do have a long family history here AND both of my children were born here....so I think Montana will understand that I can love another state without replacing Montana in my heart. Wyoming is so wild, so apart and so full of history. Take this for example...

clouds

trucks

clouds

car

bus

sunset

Where do you feel most at home?

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I've lived in Wyoming, Nebraska, Illinois, Colorado, and South Dakota. With the exception of Illinois, each place became home and became loved. But closest to my heart are Colorado and Wyoming. And I'm sure the memories that accompany these places are the biggest reason they are my favorites!

Anne Marie said...

I feel like I'm home in many places. Yellowstone, the Durango, CO area, Ellsworth Air Force Base and Rapid City, SD, and the Bighorn mountains...and there are probably more. Gillette felt like home before we ever moved here, simply because during my childhood, I spent time here with my grandparents. But, although it has truly been home for many years now, it's not really where I want to spend the rest of my life...we'll see how that goes! ;o)

AKM said...

I felt the most like myself in Colorado. It was instant, and kind of weird in a good way. I went "home to a place [I'd] never been before," to quote our buddy John Denver.

You've kind of sold me on the rest of the West as a back-up plan, though. I'm just DEFINITELY not meant to be here in the Midwest. It's not horrible, all the time, but it's just not "me."

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

Oddly enough...I feel most at home in Wyoming. I cross that state line and there's something, somewhere in my being that goes, "ahhh, I'm home." I love that feeling...think we need to make it up there soon so I can feel that again and see you guys. :)

Emily said...

Well, I'm sure my answer comes as no surprise, but for me Oklahoma is my home. It has been home to so many in my family for generations before me that I am an Okie to the bone. Even when it is so hot our street lamps are melting. :)

Kirstens Kitchen said...

I was born in raised in Vancouver B.C.,but never felt a connection to it. My mom and dad live there, but where I call home is Nova Scotia. I love the small town feel, community, and the scenery...is beautiful. Yup I am an east coaster at heart.

Rachel said...

beautiful pictures. love the clouds and the old truck!! i have a strange and deep love of Alaska!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...