Monday, September 17, 2012

The Change

The times are changing here my friends. Fall is almost upon us. I love this time of year. Do you?

nature7

The light has a golden quality to it. Perhaps it doesn't have a golden quality and I just have a seasonal bias....I don't know let's just call it golden and let the chips fall where they may.

nature7

The days are still warm and we spend as much time as we can outside, depending on the air quality----the fires have really made this more challenging. The nights are cool and each morning I think that it is nearly time to turn on that heater, but not just yet.

nature5

Cordelia's 3rd (!?!?!?) birthday is just around the corner.

nature6

I am buying loads of butternut squash and apples. I am thinking of soup and sweaters and such.

nature4

I cannot wait to see the pink cheeks on my girls when the air gets a bit of a nip to it.

nature3

I am looking forward to soy hot chocolate, cuddling under blankets, hats.

nature2

I am looking forward to frost, the corn maze, the pumpkin patch, a hay ride.

nature1

What are you looking forward to?

7 comments:

affectioknit said...

Oh...Yes! I do love fall...

~Have a lovely day!

Roxanne said...

I look forward to my birthday... on Hallowe'en... yep I get to make a spectacle of myself, have fun, and nobody looking at me strangely because it's "Hallowe'en"!!!

Carmen said...

I'm looking forward to the crunch of leaves under my feet and dressing up my three littles for Halloween :)

Susan Struck said...

Fall is the best! And, yes, golden is definite the light quality right now.

Kirstens Kitchen said...

I do love autumn, all my girls birthdays, and mine! The pumpkin patch is one of the highlights for sure :)

Sarah said...

Fall is my favorite season for sure. I love the crisp, cool mornings and the warm days. I love the novelty of wearing long sleeves, jaunty scarves and socks again. I enjoy the first night under flannel sheets and the electric blanket. Roasting vegetables, soups, chili, applesauce, Halloween and Thanksgiving. Of course the best thing about Fall - it's Cordy's birthday time. ; >

Tammie said...

i am so ready for fall. occasionally i feel it, but its been so dang sunny.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...