Thursday, December 20, 2012

Two Years

Yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of my Great Grandmother's passing (read here). I cannot believe it has been that long already. When it happened a part of me wondered how our family could continue on without her. She was the very heart of the family, her home was home to so many of her extended family. Her walls marked up with growth charts of grandchildren, great grandchildren and great great grandchildren. Cordelia and I were given her name as part of our own, Rose.

I think about her often. I wish I could see her. Talk to her. Introduce her to Elise. I want her to see how great Cordelia is. I wish I could bring Bumblebee for a visit (she loved basset hounds). I wish I could just be near her one more time.

Grandma Rose

Yet I do feel her presence, see her personal stamp lingering on. I see her in my grandmother, my great aunts, aunt, cousins, my mother and myself. What a wonderful gift to be a part of this woman's legacy.






5 comments:

Marie Roxanne said...

With the two tragedies, Wyoming and Connecticut, we do well to remember those we lost in death, those whom we loved.
I lost my brother, my father, stepfather, both grand-parents and several uncles and aunts. As the years go by my memories are fading, so glad for pictures!

Michelle said...

"I think about her often. I wish I could see her."

Me,too. I'm always wanting to tell her something, or share photos with her after we've been to visit other family. You know she would adore Elise and get great enjoyment out of Cordelia. She so loved the little ones.

Mom said...

I miss her so much! Our family was certainly changed by her passing, wasn't it?

I agree, though, I still feel her as well. I will be so happy when I can see her again.

Sarah Purdy said...

I think your great grandma Rose would be very pleased with the strong, independent women you are raising and by what an amazing mother and role model you've become.

Kate said...

I was just rereading those posts a couple nights ago. Wondered how you were doing after her death. Thanks for keeping us in your circle.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...