Friday, February 8, 2013

Females of the Family

I have a lot of ladies in my family, particularly on my mother's side.  Yesterday four of us ladies (my mother, daughters and I) loaded up and took a quick trip to visit some wonderful ladies to whom we happen  to be related. We visited with my Grandma Grace, Great Aunt Michelle, and 2nd cousin Anne Marie (my Aunt Tina was sick) for the afternoon.

The drive up was lovely. My mother and I chatted. The girls were great travelers. When we arrived we just took it slow. We had some lunch and watched Cordelia go into entertainment mode. Elise was charming and happily went from one loving set of arms to the next. Also, be sure to check out the last picture. My Grandma Grace and I are trading art. Check out the gorgeous piece I got!!!!

We left at nap time and enjoyed a nice drive home. Read more about our trip here and here and here.

Gillette

Gillette

Gillette

Gillette

Gillette

Gillette

Gillette

4 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

Looks like you had a nice visit with the family! You picked the right time too - looks like we're in for snow this weekend! Great art!

Anne Marie said...

While I was being entertained by Cordelia, I missed out on some things, including part of the art swap. What piece did Grace get?

I had so much fun with Cordy. Been a long time since I was so thoroughly wrassled by a 3-year-old, LOL!

Marie Roxanne said...

I love the open concept of the kitchen! And the painting is already hung up in your house, on that orange wall in the dining room?

Stacy said...

Sounds like a lovely trip! And gorgeous new artwork... Lucky you!!

I just got back from Pittsburgh. I did a program at a university there but also got to sneak in a visit with my stepsister. Delightful time!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...