Cordelia and I made a little squirrel feeder to hang on our fence. Th project was super simple.
You need raw unsalted peanuts still in their shell and a wire hanger. Use your brute force, it takes very little, to unwrap the hanger and you'll have a wonky shaped wire. I bent the wire into a roughly circular shape, leaving the loop on top for hanging.
Use either the end of the hangar or a toothpick to poke holes through the peanuts. Do up a big pile and then let your helper thread them onto the wire.

Peanut with a hole through the middle.

Cordelia is concentrating on threading the peanuts
Finally we hung it up outside on the fence. I would recommend that you bend the wire to make sure it cannot be removed as we watched a squirrel grab and make off with the entire wreath.
5 comments:
What a cool idea! We'll have to try that. That's funny that your squirrel stole the entire wreath - those bandits!
Fun project--and funny ending! Too bad you didn't get a photo of the squirrel making off with his booty.
greedy squirrel! LOL
That is hilarious! Especially given they are not your favorite animal. Great idea, though.
Ha Ha Ha Ha! He must have thought you were such a nice gifter!
I love the photo of Cordy deep in concentration. She's just so pretty!
Post a Comment