Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Flashback

Journey with me back in time today.... here we goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

June 2007. Let me set the scene.
Eric and I had been married for 6 years. We were living in Denver. We were living with Bumblebee Ophelia and Mia---no kids for over two years! We were in an apartment complex, one bedroom, second floor. We had neighbors above, below, across...many of whom we'd unfortunately seen in various stages of undress (ahhh city living blarg).

We thought we were really busy. Ha ha ha. Now I know that was stupid. We didn't know what busy was (remember we had no kids). We were done with graduate coursework and studying for our comprehensive exams. We were working part time doing research. We spent the rest of our time checking out thrift stores, walking Bumblebee and hanging out. Life was tough.

Well, I guess when I look at the photos below I am not too eager to dive back into schoolwork. Regard the mountain of material we had to study for our comprehensive exams. Our tests were over everything we'd learned in grad school, ya know-no biggie.

studying for comps

studying for comps

Don't worry we passed.
What were you doing in June 2007?

7 comments:

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

I had a brief encounter with Andy the month before, not knowing how important that meeting would be...I didn't know that I would ever see him again...and presto change-o a few months later I had the privilege of meeting you guys! Pretty neat! I have to say...2007 was a good year for me! Thanks for being a wonderful friend! :) See you very soon.

Mason-Jezek Journal said...

I had a brief encounter with Andy the month before, not knowing how important that meeting would be...I didn't know that I would ever see him again...and presto change-o a few months later I had the privilege of meeting you guys! Pretty neat! I have to say...2007 was a good year for me! Thanks for being a wonderful friend! :) See you very soon.

Emily said...

That is a lot to study! So June 2007 for me involved moving into our current home and parenting two 2.5 year old little girls! :)

Sarah Purdy said...

In June 2007, I'd just ran my third (and most likely, final) marathon, finished out my fourth year as a teacher for a rural CA county, closed on my first house and was preparing for a move to Wyoming! We arrived in Wyoming July 2. Whoo! We thought we were busy too ( and then we had kids. Ha!)

Marie Roxanne said...

I think his pile was bigger than your pile...

Maria Rose said...

Same pile, different angle. We took nearly all the same courses

AKM said...

In June 2007, I was dating the wrong guy and working on my undergrad degree.

Grad school. Ugh. To paraphrase somebody from England, it's the best of times and it's the worst of times. ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...