Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Here We Go

I was making lunch for Cordelia the other day and I asked what she wanted on her sandwich. She thought for a moment and then a smile crept across her face.

"Here is my order. I want a sandwich with peanut butter and jelly," she said.

"Got it," I replied.

"And then I want [vegan] cheese, and mustard, and...uh... pickles." She then broke into a fit of giggles.

I played along," What!? That sounds like the silliest sandwich ever."

"And then I want cut up strawberries and...uh syrup....and then can you pour lemonade over all of it?"

I thought for a moment. I could see where we were headed. "How about strawberries, but no lemonade or syrup?"

"Deal!"

So I prepared the most disgusting sandwich in the world.

I remember eating some funky concoctions when I was a kid (I drank pickle juice with shredded cheese), but this seemed particularly nasty.

I set it in front of her and she dug in and ate it all! Every last bite. Gaaaah-roosssss


What a kid!

5 comments:

Marie Roxanne said...

You know what? I though she was going to say add tofu with that. I remember the post with her licking it because she loves it so much!

My son when he was about 5 years old made some "soup" with tomato juice, yellow mustard, relish, carrots, potatoes, garlic and cinnamon.
My advice is NOT to test this recipe! LOL

My favorite sandwich (won't eat it now because I am vegan)is a piece of bread, slathered with a thick layer of molasses (the molasses sinks into the bread making it a little crunchy, and it has to be white bread) and a heaping layer of sour cream.
I tried it with vegan sour cream, doesn't taste the same, so that sandwich will forever stay in my memory instead of my taste buds... if I never had it with dairy sour cream, I probably will still eat it today.

Sarah Purdy said...

Your strange alien food tastes are rubbing off on her! Before you know it, she'll be sucking ketchup out of condiment packets!

Stacy said...

Love her! And her silliness.

luminousvegans said...

I could probably do the vegan cheese, mustard and pickles, but when she added the strawberries....lol!

Kate said...

I'm pretty excited you thought to photograph the concoction. Funny stuff, that.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...