Thursday, August 15, 2013

Vegan Basil Roasted Cherry Tomatoes

My tomato plants have been bursting! I have cherry tomatoes coming at me from all directions! I love them in salads. The girls eat them raw, but sometimes I like to actually do something with them. Coincidentally my basil is also getting out of hand.

tomato

The result is a simple and satisfying side.  

If you follow me on rooted-vegan.blogspot.com you will see this recipe there tomorrow, but click over for a different recipe today!

tomato

You will need

About 24 cherry or grape tomatoes
Olive oil
4 basil leaves
1 T balsamic vineagrette
pinch o salt

1. Preheat oven to 350 F
2. Toss all ingredients together,omitting the basil.
3. Bake for 25 minutes or so, until the skin begins to burst.
4. Add the basil,let cool for a few minutes before serving, those bad boys hold their heat!


5 comments:

Marie Roxanne said...

sounds yummy! and all "homemade, homegrown" not store bought! yeah!

Michelle said...

Fresh garden produce--yum!

Emily said...

This looks delicious. Love me some tomatoes and basil.

affectioknit said...

YUM!...a friend just gave us a big bowl of cherry tomatoes...so this will be perfect!

~Have a lovely day!

Stacy said...

Yum, yum, yum.... so many good tomato recipes right now and my kitchen is about to go completely offline (reno).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...