Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Home/ Insane in the Home Brain

 sick Cordelia

Cordelia has been a bit under the weather the past several days, sinus infection on the heels of bronchitis. With the exception of a doctor visit yesterday we have been fairly housebound. I have been doing a lot of crocheting.

crochet

We've read many books. Cordelia has been watching TV more than I'd like to admit, but I cannot stick to an episode or two a day rule when I have a sick child.  Here is where I toss my principles about TV viewing out the window:
  1. Car rides. Being able to distract a kid with a movie and a portable DVD player is pretty much miraculous. Seriously though, you can play car games, sing car songs, talk, etc.---there comes a time when you just need to check out mentally and hooking your kid up to the DVD is just the ticket. Finger snaps to you if you are a better mother than me, but that's just how we do it up in here.
  2. Illness. When Cordelia is ill the world crumbles. She whines. She doesn't play. Snot seeps from her nostrils and there is general lethargy. We can read books, but she tires of these quickly. There comes a point when she just begs to sit and stare into the vortex of Netflix and I allow it.
light

Anyway, where was I? Where am I? How did I get here?

Oh yeah...daily blog...so like I have been saying we're house bound and this post is making me realize that I am perhaps a bit stir crazy as well. This morning Elise, the dogs and I have been rolling around on the floor. Cordelia is snuggled on the couch. I am organizing seeds people! Why? Who knows?

seeds

studio

I am thinking about art, painting to be specific. I hope to squeeze in a bit of work today. We may make a run to the store for essentials/ to pass illness on to unsuspecting people. I kid.

paint

plants

Yesterday Elise spiked a fever too, gone this morning, but Eric came home to help because I was running on three hours of sleep and caring for two sick littles. He came home with a soy latte and snuggled up with Cordelia. He's a good man.

Elise and Bumblebee

Hold on I must play a game of This Little Piggie with Elise...

In case you're wondering here is the vegan version of that (grabbing one toe at a time, starting with big toe): This little piggy went to market. This little piggy stayed home. This little piggy had tofu. This little piggy had none. This little piggy went weee weee weee (unless you're French then it's oui oui oui) all the way home.

Betty

OK, I am back. I suppose I should get dressed and act like there is some sort of plan here, you know beyond reactionary. Perhaps it is time to build a fort!

flowers

How are you?


7 comments:

Emily said...

Your house looks bright and pretty. How do you do that with two sick kids? Mine would look like a bomb of snotty tissues exploded inside. Hope a little fresh air and another good night of sleep will have everyone back on track soon. :)

Maria Rose said...

Trust me, there are snotty tissues too. I gave Cordelia a bag and she tosses them in as he uses them up.

Sarah Purdy said...

I love your little piggy adaptation. I've always been a little adverse to pigs eating cows. I shall use yours henceforth.

Hope today gets better and hope tomorrow they're both as good as new!

I think it's time for a moms only girl date, don't you?

Mom said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! I'm sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Mom said...

Also, I like that Sarah said "henceforth". It made me smile.

affectioknit said...

Oh...I hope Cordelia feels better soon...we used to sing the rhyme with tofu in it too...in fact for a while Scout thought we were saying 'toe food' - whatever that may be...

~Have a lovely day!

Sue said...

Affectioknit you made me laugh out loud! I think we should stick with toe food for the rhyme.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...