Saturday, November 16, 2013

Waiting for the Sun

I think I heard her first around four in the morning, "Mooooom is it morning time?" I sigh. Eric gets up and gets her to go back to sleep, but I am up with the girls well before the sun rises. I spend time telling Cordelia to tone down her exuberant four year old voice, something always bordering on a shout, so her dad can sleep a little longer. She has trouble containing her enthusiasm today because she is headed to a birthday party this afternoon. Elise is excited to climb up and down on the couch and with a playful glint in her eye she jumps and my heart stops for just a moment.

Then there are two basset hounds and a noisy old lady cat, no quiet in this house. Thankfully for Eric he can sleep through most anything. I do not possess that ability. So, we frost the cupcakes that we made last night so we have vegan treats to bring to the birthday party. Elise and Cordelia turn the dog dishes over and sit on them like chairs. I learn that Cordelia thinks the word kiwi is kiweed, my heart melts. I read a book to Elise.

Untitled

Then we notice that the sun is about to rise and we all settle in to watch it creep over the mountains. I grab my phone and take a few photos.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Sunrise

The sun is up and it is time to start the day. Breakfast of pancakes and kiweed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...