Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A Funny Story About Poop

 Elise

On a recent Sunday we were at church. Remember I am a pastor's daughter and with that comes the inability to fly under the radar. For instance if I come to church looking normal a little bedraggled someone is bound to ask if I am doing alright. The girls are well loved, but I also feel a tiny bit of pressure to keep them on their best behavior while we are there. This means that I come to church with quiet distractions and an occasional treat. I am often whispering to them so they know what is happening, if they need to quiet down, etc. I feel like it is important that the girls learn early that there is a time and a place to behave like hooligans (at my house all the time) and a time to mind their manners.  So, it is all good practice for real life.

Recently Elise noticed that my mother was missing from her usual spot with the church choir. She started loudly asking, "Gramma? Gramma?" I whispered into her ear that Grandma probably had to go potty." My mother may have been getting a drink, grabbing sheet music, or whatever...I just told Elise something she'd understand. That girl understands the bathroom. She seemed to accept this answer and quietly settled back into her seat. I didn't realize that she was waiting and watching....

When my mother quietly made her way back to her seat a few moments later Elise screamed, for all to hear, "Pooooooop. Grammma! POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOP!" I went over the edge, laughing until I cried. My mother didn't know what was going on, but she could see that I was laughing pretty hard. Now Elise just randomly yells, "POOOOP!" in the middle of church. That's my girl.

10 comments:

Allen said...

I love that girl

Carmen said...

Ha ha so great :D

Emily said...

That is really funny! I think I would be laughing too! :)

Marie Roxanne said...

OOPS, next time use the word "drink water"!
I laughed out loud and still laughing!

Sarah Purdy said...

Hilarious!

Mom said...

Ha! Yep, that was one for the books! When I write my pastor's wife book, I'll be sure to include that story! I'm soooooo glad I didn't realize what she'd said at that moment as I was trying to slip back into my place with as little disruption as possible. I've no doubt I would have gone over the edge as well!

elizabeth said...

oh dear.
i just shared this with one of my friends who loves a good poop story. :)

Victoria said...

Ohhhh! And my girl too!!

Tammie said...

hahaha! i literally laughed out loud.

Stacy said...

Best story ever!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...