Tuesday, January 14, 2014

A Little Bit Amazing

Elise

Before I was a stay at home mom (even though I am also employed) I would hear people say, with no real conviction, that motherhood is the toughest job. People say that, but only mothers know the truth!


So yesterday I was kind of super human, not to brag or anything. OK, totally bragging, but I feel like I need someone to bear witness to the insanity of yesterday and to list of my accomplishments, however mundane.

Here is what I did:
  • Woke and made pancakes. Cleaned up.
  • Packed two very different lunches for Eric and Cordelia (she gets lunch at school occasionally).
  • Dropped and picked up Cordelia to and from school.
  • Went grocery shopping. Put away groceries.
  • Cleaned every floor, sweeping, mopping, waxing, vaccuuming.
  • Dusted.
  • General house pick up. Also the constant cleaning that goes with little kids.
  • Washed 6 loads of laundry (I washed all bedding and towels).
  • Washed 2 basset hounds.
  • Put away 6 loads of laundry
  • Snuggled with the girls.
  • Made beds.
  • Had a dance off with the girls.
  • Loaded the dishwasher twice. Washed a load of dishes that are not dishwasher safe, put it all away.
  • Cleaned both bathrooms with vigor, as opposed to the usual wipe down.
  • Baked 4 dozen cookies.
  • Referred the play that goes on between a wild 4 year old and a crazy 1 year old.
  • Cleaned out the fridge.
  • Cleaned the cat box. Brushed the cat.
  • Played with the kids throughout the day as they can't be expected to just watch me clean.
  • Did some rearranging of storage.
  • Helped to navigate the emotional world of a 4 year old and a 1 year old.
  • Made lunch and dinner, plus clean up for both.
  • Edited an article.
  • Did some lesson planning.
  • Blogged.
  • Oh and I dressed the girls for the day and for bed.
  • Watched some Netflix with my hubby and appreciated a foot rub!

7 comments:

Sarah Purdy said...

Your #humblebrag is no joke. I'm exhausted! Good job Mama! Today, put your feet up and drink a cozy cup of tea!

Carmen said...

Wow that's impressive!

Marie Roxanne said...

well, that is impressive, I wish I had that much energy!

elizabeth said...

you are a rock star!!
i LOVE days like this! and you may totally record the accomplishments to refer to on a day that does not go like this in any way shape or form.

Mom said...

I am tired just from reading it all.

Emily said...

After reading this I need to go get my booty in gear! I'm giving you five gold stars! Nice work, Supermom!

On my way Home... said...

indeed! my mom just sent me this link tonight: http://www.salary.com/mom-paycheck/
I've been lurking and reading as often as I can!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...