Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Father Daughter Bowling

Did you know that Eric has his own bowling ball? It's named Monster. He always goes by the bowling name Dragon Slayer. It's just his thing. I accept this as part of him, just as he accepts my obsession with gentle donkeys (and manatees). He means business when he bowls. He has his own (vegan) bowling shoes, a hand towel, chalk bag. All of it. When we were dating I used to bowl with him, but I do not take bowling seriously at all. He tries to help me to improve by giving me tips, but I don't really want to improve. I am just there for people watching. So we rarely bowl together. Sometimes I will accompany him and have a beer while he does his thing, but that's about as far as I go into that world.

Cordelia Bowling

He just loves to bowl and sometimes Cordelia can sweet talk him into bringing her along. It's good for him as he can be mighty intense about bowling, reminds him that it is about light hearted fun. Her four year old sweetness wipes away all of the intensity and it's just about father and daughter time.

Cordelia Bowling

I suspect he even lets her win sometimes.

Cordelia Bowling

3 comments:

affectioknit said...

Sweet!...I haven't been bowling for ages...I'm going to take the Youth bowling this spring though...so everyone will soon know what a BAD bowler I really am...

~Have a lovely day!

Mom said...

Oh! That sweet face!

Sarah Purdy said...

I just love father-daughter dates!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...