Saturday, February 22, 2014

Opening Night and Thank YOU

Phew, last night was opening night for my show of new painted works on canvas. There were over 30 pieces in the show. Here is a great article/interview that was in the paper. I will give a full report of the opening on Monday, but for now I am exhausted and about to head back to the gallery for another wonderful day of art.

kingdom opening

I also wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who helped and supported me through this enormous effort. My husband helped with everything, from helping to make decisions during the creative process, photographing the work, and so much more. My parents were beyond helpful and supportive as they watched the girls so I could prepare, helped with supplies, and way more than I can express here. My parents are insanely generous and kind. My bestie Sarah who helped me with setting up the show, gifted me with teacher socks and chocolate, and was totally encouraging and supportive. Zachary Pullen who put the whole thing together. Andy and Anne for the flowers and encouraging words. I also wanted to thank everyone for the notes, messages, Facebook encouragement and everything. I feel so very gifted to be surrounded by such amazing, kind and supportive people.

4 comments:

affectioknit said...

YAY! for you! Congratulations!

~Have a lovely (restful) day!

Marie Roxanne said...

you deserve it!

Mom said...

It really was a spectacular show!

Sarah Purdy said...

I'm so happy for you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...