Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Spring Outside

With the sudden onset of spring the entire state of Wyoming has gone completely insane. We are all just so thrilled to be outside on a warm day and not to feel the icy face slap of wind. People are wearing shorts and tank tops and sandals without socks!  There is biking and weed pulling and magically there are convertibles and all of them are driving with their tops down--the convertible tops, the people are all fully clothed at this point. Although I imagine we are on the cusp of the season of dudes who drive without shirts---it's way ,way less attractive than you may imagine.

 The girls and I spend most days out back. They play and I go between a little play and a lot of hard work. I have been cleaning out all of the winter build up, you know the stuff that I looked at in the fall and thought, "That looks like a problem for Future Maria." Now that Future Maria has magically turned into Present Maria I am looking back at Past Maria and thinking that she's a pretty shady character. *Did that make any sense? Work with me here people.

With the new season I can't help but think about all of the change that has come since the last time we were visited by spring. I suppose having kids really accentuates that passage of time. Elise is now so much more independent. She and Cordelia play together and it leaves me free to work a little. Once the yard work is less insane I plan to spend these hours working on some painting while the girls entertain themselves. It's going to be bananas (every time I spell bananas I think of this skip to 2:34, you?)!

We have been having meals out back, watching the sun sink in the sky. I water plants, we chase the dogs. We blow bubbles and talk and laugh. Seriously, it is pretty much the best time of year and I am soaking up every single moment of this time. Spring will roll into summer before we know it and we will be able to be outside pretty much constantly.


Spring outside

Spring outside

Spring outside
IMG_0642
Spring outside

Spring outside

Spring outside

Spring outside

Spring outside

Spring outside

Spring outside

Spring outside

Spring outside

Spring outside


3 comments:

Mom said...

Good morning! What a nice start to my day.

Kate said...

This is the funniest thing I've ever read in my whole, entire life. And I'm NOT just saying that because I was up all night working on dysphagia stuff or voice disorders case studies. It's seriously hilarious:

"That looks like a problem for Future Maria." Now that Future Maria has magically turned into Present Maria I am looking back at Past Maria and thinking that she's a pretty shady character.

Michelle said...

Wonderful photos! And I love that your girls are growing up with so much outside play time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...