Friday, July 11, 2014

Elise's Second Birthday

 Elise

Yesterday was Elise's second birthday. The day started off a bit tense as we were awaiting results of a somewhat complicated surgery for a family member. My mother was gone to help with post-surgical recovery. Happily all went smoothly and we were able to breathe a sigh of relief and focus in on Elise's big day!

Elise was, of course, oblivious to the situation and only aware that she was having a lovely day. We started out the morning with family presents and snuggle time. We played and later went and bought popsicles and ate them in the park.

We ate our meals outside as that is a treat for all of us. There were some decorations and the highly anticipated  and requested PINK cupcakes. How many times will I make pink cupcakes for these girls I wonder? I love it!

After Elise's nap Eric returned from work, my father and brother, and the besties came over for some cupcakes and play time. I relished this birthday as I know that starting next year the expectations rise a bit. We are never huge birthday party people, but the bar is definitely raised when kids start going to preschool parties and such. So, we soaked in a quiet friend and family day which was just the right pace for this sweet little two year old.

Elise and Dad

decorations


Dad and the girls

pink cupcakes

Elise blowing out candles

Cordelia and Sadie

Uncle Sam

Me

trashed bedroom
The bedroom was trashed. These kids know how to party!

Elise 2nd birthday

Elise and cupcake

Eric and cupcake

Ari, Elise, dad

Elise

When the party goers dispersed I made vegan pigs in a blanket at the birthday girl's request and then it was off to bed. She is two now!

5 comments:

Mom said...

Oh I love the photos! Well, maybe not the pink-frosting-in-the-beard one, but the rest are wonderful. I almost feel as if I had been there.

Sarah Purdy said...

Thanks for letting us crash your party! I can't believe she's two! Time sure flies!

Stacy said...

Sounds like a fantastic day! And the cupcakes look DELICIOUS! Gotta love pink.

Soley said...

Happy Birthday Elise!

Emily said...

Looks like a perfect day for your sweet little girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...