Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Mornings with Elise


Preschool has begun again and that means that the landscape of our morning routine has changed. We have gone from leisurely mornings to fast paced breakfast/dress/goooo. We are all adjusting, more or less. While Elise and I both miss Cordelia while she is away we have discovered that our window of one-on-one time is quite a special time too.

I think it is such a gift to give Elise a bit of undivided attention. When Cordelia was the same age she had all of my attention. While I suppose that probably isn't great either, I am so glad for a few extra hours each week I get to give Elise all of my focus.

It has been so fun to listen to every thought that pops into her mind. When Cordelia is around the two sisters talk and play, leaving me to watch that beautiful friendship. However, when it is just Elise and I she really has a lot more to say. And boy can this girl talk!!! She is so intelligent, speaking in complete sentences and working her way through past, present and future tenses. I guess that happens when she has so many people talking with her throughout the day.

She is so funny! Her sense of humor is sharp already. I am pretty sure we are in for it with this one. She has a certain clarity of understanding that lends itself to humor.

She is also so loving! Yesterday as the girls were eating lunch, I had long since finished, she kept hopping down from her seat to hug me and kiss me. She would whisper that she loved me and then run back to her seat.

Anyway, these mornings with my youngest have been a real treat. Now, if you will excuse me I have some two year old snuggling to do.


2 comments:

affectioknit said...

What a sweet and special time!

~Have a lovely day!

Mom said...

She really is such a smart little loving soul.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...