Saturday, December 27, 2014

Christmas Celebrations

Well, let me just forewarn you that this is going to be a photo heavy post. So get comfortable people, we are diving in....

Christmas festivities pretty much begin two weeks before Christmas, whipping young children into a frenzy that culminates with a very very early Christmas wake-up. Let's start with Cordelia's Sunday school program. She was dressed as Supergirl...there was a nativity...it's kind of hard to explain/understand. The kids were sweet and that was the point.

Cordelia

Cordelia

Cordelia is just getting a grasp on the whole reading business so she wasn't given any lines, but she was happy enough to sing all of the songs and act adorable.

Next I am going to skip ahead to Christmas Eve (more at my mom's blog here). My mother, the girls and I all made lefse on the morning of Christmas Eve. Here is a picture from my phone of my mother and the girls.

Christmas

Later in the day the entire family minus Ben and Casual Sara met up at a Chinese/Indian/ Japanese restaurant for an early dinner.

Christmas
By this point the girls were pretty much off the rails, shouting merrily and pretty much acting like tiny lunatics.

Christmas
Who is this charming fellow? Oh yeah, just mah hubby.

Christmas
You can see in this photo that Cordelia was really really amped up.

Christmas
Here is Sam and his girlfriend Alaysha.

Christmas
The girls and I at dinner.

Christmas
So sweet. My heart!

Christmas
Seriously you guys, this is too much.

Moving right along we had service after dinner and then set about quickly taking the annual photos. Here they are in all of their glory.

wimmerschristmas2014
My family

mikesuechristmas2014
My parents

samalayshachristmas2014
Sam and Alaysha

grandmasueandgirlschristmas2014
My mom with the girls.

familychristmas2014
The whole crew.

That night we put the girls to bed about two hours late. Elise was out in like two seconds, but Cordelia struggled with her excitement. The following morning Eric got up and turned on the Christmas lights a few moments before Cordelia woke. We lounged around for a bit, enjoying a quiet family moment before heading down for the Christmas presents.

Christmas
First thing in the morning.

Christmas
Opening their stockings.

Later in the morning we drove through the falling snow to my parents house to open the rest of the presents and spend the day.

Christmas
My dad was very enthused about the sparkle hat that Elise gave him and he wore it the entire day.

 Christmas
It creeped Betty out.

Christmas
My parents gifted the girls with ballet gear and dance lessons, they are so excited.

Christmas
My brother Ben got our brother Sam the world's smallest violin.

Christmas
My mom and Elise

Christmas
Christmas dinner and these guys.

Christmas
Lunch was a vegan feast!

Christmas
Betty is allowed on the furniture at my parent's house and takes full advantage of that fact.



I hope you had a fantastic Christmas as well!


2 comments:

Mom said...

Wow! After reading your post I almost feel as though I were there!

Sarah Purdy said...

Wow! Great family photos! I love your dad in that hat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...